Anyone use Hivemapper to determine the height of structures?

I m waiting for their iOS app. I will certainly try it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Suhail78
I sure hope they iOS it.
I am always worrying about expected (or unobserved by me) elevation changes in my Litchi missions (I live in the mountains) and this would be a potentially great tool.

Last edited:
I sure hope the iOS it.
I am always worrying about expected (or unobserved by me) elevation changes in my Litchi missions (I live in the mountains) and this would be a potentially great tool.

You can use google earth to plan waypoint missions that take into consideration elevation changes, and then import them into litchi.

check out this video...

I m waiting for their iOS app. I will certainly try it

Their website indicates an iOS version is on the way. Its still useful to use the web version in my opinion, to at least get the heights of structures while planning in the litchi mission on the mission hub website.

You can use google earth to plan waypoint missions that take into consideration elevation changes, and then import them into litchi.

check out this video...

This is true, but I still need to validate the flight path in Litchi and reverse-calculating the elevation data to get the predicted altitude above ground level is tedious and error prone (especially when flying below the Home Point altitude).

So I find using Google Earth is helpful, but it is not the complete solution.

There is no reason why Litchi could not improve their Mission Hub to show Google Maps' elevation lines and give the Altitude Above Ground Level at each waypoint. This would be a huge improvement!

This is true, but I still need to validate the flight path in Litchi and reverse-calculating the elevation data to get the predicted altitude above ground level is tedious and error prone (especially when flying below the Home Point altitude).

So I find using Google Earth is helpful, but it is not the complete solution.

There is no reason why Litchi could not improve their Mission Hub to show Google Maps' elevation lines and give the Altitude Above Ground Level at each waypoint. This would be a huge improvement!

Google has been increasingly incorporating LiDAR acquired DEM's into GE and GM's elevation data API. Most metropolitan areas from LA to NY to Rome to HK... In fact, I have a harder time finding areas that have not been LiDAR mapped.

There is no need to reverse calculate elevation data to acquire AGL altitude when mission planning from GE to Litchi in areas of LiDAR acquired datasets, regardless of + or - home point altitude missions.

A quick method of re-verse validation is to export a CSV from Litchi and re-import into GE. When prompted apply a new style template. Set name field to altitude. Set color from field (altitude). Set icon from field (altitude) and set height from field (altitude). Modify color parameters to your liking and adjust min/max height fields to correlate to that of the Litchi Mission.

upload_2016-9-7_12-20-43.png

Hivemapper has some very useful tools, but I haven't been able to figure out if/how they use autonomous flight modes. Has anyone had experience with this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20