anyone use FPV booster app?

Cobracones said:
ccase39 said:
I just turned it on and everything looked cool but I got an invalid battery warning. It just popped up on the screen and quickly went away. It was a fully charged battery that came with the Phantom I got in today so I doubt its a bad battery. Everything looked good with it in Assistant anyway.

On the last couple flights I have taken utilizing FPV Booster I have also received the "invalid battery, fly carefully" message. It usually pops up randomly during the flight and only last about 1-2 seconds. Has anyone figured out why this is occurring? It has occurred on both of my batteries that came with my v2+
Such "invalid battery..." message was responded from DJI SDK directly. FPV Booster app simply displays those messages responding from the SDK. You may try to clean the smart battery data pins of both Phantom and batteries, and make sure the battery is securely fastened in battery compartment.

Uptowndisco2 said:
PVFlyer said:
JDNC said:
And...are you going to include waypoint flying in the near furture?
In About > FPV Camera > FAQ section indicates

Q8. Why Ground Station (Waypoint) feature is unavailable in FPV Camera?
FPV Camera brings a complete new FPV experience for flying DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ with innovative features. However, we do NOT intend to replace or duplicate DJI VISION app. We don't see the value of duplicating DJI Ground Station feature for the time being, unless we find some creative ideas of implementing Ground Station. We prefer innovation instead of copycat.

It would be great if you would reconsider the groundstation , it would save swapping back and forward
between different apps to achieve how you want to fly and achieve on the flight , I dont see it as copying
anyone , just makes a fuller featured app. :)
No kidding. IF the customer base is asking for it, it would be another selling point. Seems like it would be a smart move from a business standpoint. You could make a split screen option for GS. Half map half camera.

Justyn679 said:
Will the RTH (return to home) still work if flying with this app?
Noob question I get it. Just wanna be safe.

All iPhone - iPad/ Android Apps are INDEPENDENT from RADIO CONTROL (TX), This means that your iPhone / Tablets / Android /iPad etc. is used only for camera control and its settings and control. Basic Radio functions and modes (HL / CL / RTH / GPS/ ATTI etc.) always are managed and controlled by your TX input.
In fact you can do a full flight without any display devices (iphone, ipad, android tablets). Neither Range Extender is required.

PVFlyer will your app work in conjunction with ilovecoffees app? My newest phantom is restricted by the software update from dji to 500m range and coffees app disables this function and then I'd like to use your booster along with it. Thanks

gingericeman said:
PVFlyer will your app work in conjunction with ilovecoffees app? My newest phantom is restricted by the software update from dji to 500m range and coffees app disables this function and then I'd like to use your booster along with it. Thanks
I haven't used ilovecoffees app, but I thought it's a modified DJI Vision/GS app. FPV Booster (including FPV Camera and Flight Tracker) are all compatible with stock DJI Vision/GS app, as shown in demo. Thus I believe they should work with ilovecoffee app as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ryQb--iZMs[/youtube]

Phantom 2V+ latest firmware on everything and FPV booster V3 @ 3.1(#2561) iPhone 6+ IOS 8.2

During a short flight this morning the magic wand was exactly 180 degrees out of phase with the phantom icon. I stopped at 400 foot of distance and returned. Magic wand decremented on return but only from opposite direction of travel. Log data ok and flight replay were all ok.
Bob

I've had this happen as well and it is 180 degrees out. Try reversing the orientation of your phone in the holder. It worked for me. I think the compass in the phone gets reversed on occasion.

UgashikBob said:
Phantom 2V+ latest firmware on everything and FPV booster V3 @ 3.1(#2561) iPhone 6+ IOS 8.2

During a short flight this morning the magic wand was exactly 180 degrees out of phase with the phantom icon. I stopped at 400 foot of distance and returned. Magic wand decremented on return but only from opposite direction of travel. Log data ok and flight replay were all ok.
Bob
The instruction states "If you hold your iDevice almost flat, the map or pilot orientation may keep toggling upside-down. You may try to (1) maintain an angle of holding your iDevice, (2) lock the landscape orientation of your iPad or (3) rotate your iDevice 180° with Home button on the left/right."

SteeEagle/FPVflyer:
Was definitely my issue. It seems the iphone 6 has a special lightly documented way of locking landscape mode. Once I did that the app came up with the correct orientation but I haven't flight tested it yet. Also during my flight today my map was at a very global level at the beginning and only zoomed into the local area after I was airborne. I have stored local maps on google maps and prior to flight had used the app via internet to zoom to my location. Any suggestion?

Thank you both for your prompt responses

clayton4115 said:
sorry to ask again but will this be offered on Android as well, (the V3 features? )
Android version FPV Camera is in release candidate stage. We expect to release it in the coming few days.

11079607_567899099979567_2205772346267178254_n.jpg

PVFlyer said:
clayton4115 said:
sorry to ask again but will this be offered on Android as well, (the V3 features? )
Android version FPV Camera is in release candidate stage. We expect to release it in the coming few days.

Now that's something I can get some use out of!

I look forward to trying the new v3 app out, i've always used the v2 version with my old pv2+ and now with my pv2+ v3 and always works fine. It will be much easier having the booster and app in one, saves putting the boost on first then starting the dji app.

@PVFlyer: Thanks for releasing the V3 on Android! I already bought the iPad version. Should I buy the android version too (per device basis) or is there a way to "extend" my ipad "license" to my android device?

Thanks a lot
Unfortunately, Google does NOT talk to Apple or vice verse. I am unaware any easy way to link them together for extending iOS license to Android.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4