anyone use FPV booster app?

UgashikBob said:
PVFlyer:
Understand my options but due to my location it may be months before the external gps arrives. Are there any ipad mini wifi only units running your app successfully without an external gps add on?
As I mentioned earlier "There are about one-third (1/3) of FPV Booster users are on iPad/iPad Mini. Most of them are Wifi only iPad/iPad Mini, and all are working fine." One-third of our user base is talking about thousands.

UgashikBob said:
What I don't understand is why this app can't use my local wifi connection to obtain at a partial location that should be closer than the 1/2 continent variation I am seeing.
I also indicated "Wifi only iPad does not have cellular/A-GPS module, it locates position per known Wifi hotspots nearby though this is not very accurate." As you are in remote area without enough known Wifi hotspots nearby, it might pick your IP address for location while IP address is not very well organized nowadays. Apple mainly uses "Crowd-sourced Wi-Fi" database to identify your location on Wifi only iPad. Your Wifi is probably not in Apple's database or not crowd enough to identify correct location. You may refer to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203033 for details.

Anyway, we will add an Merge Home/Pilot option in the next release. If the option is ON, then Pilot point location is the same as Home point. This should be able to address your particular issue.

I agree my issue must be related to not caching the map of my local area correctly. These are the only two items I could find regarding caching maps with FPV Booster:
• Open Find My Phantom (Satellite mode by default) with internet access, tap My Location icon (lower-right) to center your current location rapidly on the map. You may then zoom in/out and pan the map for caching your planned flight location.
• Open Full Map with internet access in FPV Camera > Settings (swipe left to show Settings menu) > FPV Setting > Navigation Mode > Full Map. You may then zoom in/out and pan the map for caching. Settings icon (lower-right) is shown in Full Map to access Settings menu.

When I open Find my Phantom in with internet access to my local wifi only it shows a detailed map of my area with the icon on the last spot the Phantom was at on its last mission. The location icon has no effect. Replay will correctly play the entire last mission. To me it appears this method is only valid the very first time you use the app.
Same thing when I use the full map feature in local WiFi only mode. It starts out at a expanded level and after several two finger expansions the correct local detail is shown. Is there something beyond this in both cases required to cache the map or is that it? I was under the impression that during a normal flight the only wifi connection should be between the Phantom and the ipad. Should I be allowing my local wifi network to also connect to the ipad/app? Also keep in my I am in a remote area of Alaska with only satellite based internet connectivity. There are no streets, house numbers etc that most mapping apps use.

The bullet items above are the only doc I can find concerning caching maps with this app which I follow with the results shown below the bullets. Not what I expect to see or what others are seeing and the only thing we can point to is the fact my recorded home point from the Phantom and my location as a pilot are a 1/2 a continent apart. So what am I doing differently if others have this working on a ipad mini wifi only? For those that are working with a non gps equipped ipad is the non Phantom local wifi involved because something has to be providing your pilots position and its not gps. Every time I use the app I use the the two finger expansion method to take it from a very large almost total world view down to a very detailed view of my local area. The Home point is recorded correctly and the entire flight is mapped correctly only I must manually scroll the map if the Phantom goes outside the boundaries of the size I reduced it to. When the flight completes I can replay the entire flight but yet the next time I use the app the map is back to the original 1/2 a continent view. Is there something being done on the working wifi ipads at cache time associated with cell towers in your area or anything else I do not have in my remote area? I was under the impression the wifi connection provided a location at map cache time and although not very accurate it was usable. Other than turning off location services I don't see what could inhibit that process. I've disabled the Pilot/Home distance setting but should it be set at something else?
If an internet error occurred during the original map caching is that operation monitored for errors? Is there any way short of complete uninstall/install to redo the map caching as it appears anything I attempt is no change from whatever is shown at the completion of the last flight.
Ugashik Bob

pegasusjan said:
I use this FPV booster app a while and I am very satisfied, see my video's

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3vML_0kVMU[/youtube]

Here you see the flight tracker :

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVQCCVuW734[/youtube]

This first one was made just 10 seconds after takeoff and shows the cropped and centered, or repositioned Flight Tracker video.

These are separate frame shots, stills taken from the same video.

I've cropped the overlain Flight Tracker image to eliminate that actual flight path an include just the flight info.
4e7e8506-5d1c-418c-8402-a9e0d51e66b2_zpsgm4tbw1w.png

Another just a few feet up and as the Phantom was getting up to speed
b9a902bc-059f-484e-858f-f2721747dfc2_zpsgskbicdw.png

The respective screen shots of the logged Flight Tracker video, saved to my iPad, and which has been overlain and at approximately the same times, look like this before cropping.
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-02%20at%2010.15.52%20PM_zpstlkpazv1.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-02%20at%2010.17.06%20PM_zpsnqsn7h3x.png

Obviously that home point, is not where my house is. It's not near any wifi signal that I know of either.

Greetings:
Appreciate the responses I've had on a issue that may be occurring because of my remote location. I"ve ordered the Blue tooth attached GPS for my ipad mini but may not need it with the next ios release. Also can use my Android/Samsung Tab 4 when that version comes out.

I like what I have fooled with so far but I only seem to get around 1500 feet until I lose video AND control signal which sends the bird back home. I usually get a lot more than that with other apps. I have gotten 3200 feet of FPV albeit I was in Ground Station. I really like the signal stregnth indicator. I also find that the FPV is not very clear at all. Videos look great though. Any tips?

ccase39 said:
I like what I have fooled with so far but I only seem to get around 1500 feet until I lose video AND control signal which sends the bird back home. I usually get a lot more than that with other apps. I have gotten 3200 feet of FPV albeit I was in Ground Station. I really like the signal stregnth indicator. I also find that the FPV is not very clear at all. Videos look great though. Any tips?
Im also having a lot of trouble turning video recording off. I use two fingers but I have to do it like 10 times and hope it just catches right.

Re: FPV Booster V3 Logged DJI Vision Waypoint Flight

PVFlyer said:
DJI Vision waypoint flight can be logged by Flight Tracker. Annotations in YouTube are not shown on mobile devices (except iPad), and you may watch this on PC/Mac with annotations.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ryQb--iZMs[/youtube]

Nice.

So effectively all you do is map out a mission in Ground Station, and right after you hit "Go" to start that mission and the Phantom starts off toward the first waypoint you set, you then shut off the DJI vision app and then immediately start up the FPV Booster app so that Flight Tracker in FVP Booster can track and log the flight?

Nice. Especially since a lot of the people who use Ground Station like to go up to a safe predetermined altitude before hitting "Go" and heading off to the first waypoint.

ccase39 said:
ccase39 said:
Im also having a lot of trouble turning video recording off. I use two fingers but I have to do it like 10 times and hope it just catches right.
FPV Booster app has nothing to do with control signal and RTH. You may need to check the Preview Quality of FPV resolution (most of pilots use 640x480 15fps) and Booster options.

Regarding gesture control, the instruction and illustration are as below for your reference. We will add an alternative way to start/stop video recording in the next release in case some people/devices having difficulty of "two-finger double-tap".

11024443_560496827386461_2410896333112284447_n.jpg

Gesture is available on FPV live feed screen excluding map area (as shown above in Radar Map). We minimize using solid buttons in user interface design to maximize viewable screen area.
• Settings Menu (one-finger swipe-left)
• Camera Tilt-up/down SLOWER (swipe up/down SHORTER and HOLD, release to stop)
• Camera Tilt-up/down FASTER (swipe up/down LONGER and HOLD, release to stop)
• Camera Shutter (one-finger double-tap)
• Start/Stop Video (two-finger double-tap)

I love this though there's some things I still like in the DJI app (agree with the gesture controls, It would be nice to have buttons on-screen).

The one big thing I would love is the ability to export the flight tracking into a generic format which could then be used with an app such as Dashware or similar - That would be awesome :)

Excellent work on the app regardless - keep up the good work!

Vas Deferens said:
Nice.

So effectively all you do is map out a mission in Ground Station, and right after you hit "Go" to start that mission and the Phantom starts off toward the first waypoint you set, you then shut off the DJI vision app and then immediately start up the FPV Booster app so that Flight Tracker in FVP Booster can track and log the flight?
Yes, that's how we did in the video. Once waypoint mission uploaded and the quad took off, then killed DJI app and opened FPV Camera ASAP to start logging.

Vas Deferens said:
Nice. Especially since a lot of the people who use Ground Station like to go up to a safe predetermined altitude before hitting "Go" and heading off to the first waypoint.
I think it's easier to set the first waypoint somewhere above home point with predetermined altitude. This allows you having sufficient time to switch from DJI app to FPV Camera, and log the entire waypoint mission.

PVFlyer said:
Vas Deferens said:
Nice.

Yes, that's how we did in the video. Once waypoint mission uploaded and the quad took off, then killed DJI app and opened FPV Camera ASAP to start logging.

Vas Deferens said:
I think it's easier to set the first waypoint somewhere above home point with predetermined altitude. This allows you having sufficient time to switch from DJI app to FPV Camera, and log the entire waypoint mission.

Thanks for the info. Will come in handy for those who like to use Ground Station and also want to use the FPV Boooster V3 app.

Also as rmhome asks, I'd like to ask too if there are any plans for including the ability to export the flight tracking into a generic format which could then be used with an app such as Dashware or similar?

Stupid Question but how do you kill Vision app and keep it from running in background. Whenever I have tried to switch Im not able to use FPV app if I have used Vision first.

Oh and check this out, I am at my grandpas where I got married and as I was caching the map of the area I noticed it was a fairly recent picture. I zoomed in and saw wedding chairs, tables, buffet, bar, etc. I got married here Nov 1st and it just so happens the sattelite caught a picture of this area within and hour and a half of our wedding. Got to be a good sign.

ccase39 said:
Stupid Question but how do you kill Vision app and keep it from running in background. Whenever I have tried to switch Im not able to use FPV app if I have used Vision first.

Oh and check this out, I am at my grandpas where I got married and as I was caching the map of the area I noticed it was a fairly recent picture. I zoomed in and saw wedding chairs, tables, buffet, bar, etc. I got married here Nov 1st and it just so happens the sattelite caught a picture of this area within and hour and a half of our wedding. Got to be a good sign.

If you use iPad / iPhone double clic on HOME button and drag out of screen every app showed there
If you use Android device press HOME and keep it pressed while list of opened Apps is shown. then drag every panel out from screen :ugeek:

jumanoc said:
ccase39 said:

If you use iPad / iPhone double clic on HOME button and drag out of screen every app showed there
If you use Android device press HOME and keep it pressed while list of opened Apps is shown. then drag every panel out from screen :ugeek:
Thanks!

Vas Deferens said:
Thanks for the info. Will come in handy for those who like to use Ground Station and also want to use the FPV Boooster V3 app.

Also as rmhome asks, I'd like to ask too if there are any plans for including the ability to export the flight tracking into a generic format which could then be used with an app such as Dashware or similar?
This question was addressed in FAQ section in About > Flight Tracker > FAQ as below.

Q3. How can I backup/restore and export/import my flight records in Flight Tracker?
The current version of Flight Tracker does not contain backup/restore nor export/import of flight records capabilities. If you delete the app for whatever reason, all flight records will be deleted accordingly. However, we have been implementing several sophisticated features to achieve these purposes, which will further allow to centralize all flight records from multiple iDevices and multiple Vision/Vision+ aircrafts together in a comprehensive manner. These features will be available in the next release.

PVFlyer said:
Vas Deferens said:

This question was addressed in FAQ section in About > Flight Tracker > FAQ as below.

Q3. How can I backup/restore and export/import my flight records in Flight Tracker?
The current version of Flight Tracker does not contain backup/restore nor export/import of flight records capabilities. If you delete the app for whatever reason, all flight records will be deleted accordingly. However, we have been implementing several sophisticated features to achieve these purposes, which will further allow to centralize all flight records from multiple iDevices and multiple Vision/Vision+ aircrafts together in a comprehensive manner. These features will be available in the next release.

Thanks

I recently got a Vision Plus V3.0 and shortly after i found the FPV Booster app. I used the app a few times and it didn't seem to do to much. Yesterday i was flying a GPS route and when the drone came back the camera was flopping around as if it wasn't on. I re powered the drone and the Vision plus camera didn't come to life. The drone was 13 days old. I flew it perfectly. Not a scratch on the thing. No hard landings and everything was perfect till the last flight. Could the FPV app have fried the camera in any way? Im not sure what the app does to improve signal but is it even remotely possible that it could have killed the camera? DJI said it needed to be sent in to them. I got the drone from Amazon and they were great and overnighted me a new one instead of waiting 2 weeks for DJI to fix the issue. Anyway i have the new Vision plus and everything is good. I just don't want to try the app again till i know it wasn't the problem with the camera. Anyone else have there camera just stop working of no reason? Also i was flying the course at fast speed. you think that could have hurt the camera?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gunflight said:
I recently got a Vision Plus V3.0 and shortly after i found the FPV Booster app. I used the app a few times and it didn't seem to do to much. Yesterday i was flying a GPS route and when the drone came back the camera was flopping around as if it wasn't on. I re powered the drone and the Vision plus camera didn't come to life. The drone was 13 days old. I flew it perfectly. Not a scratch on the thing. No hard landings and everything was perfect till the last flight. Could the FPV app have fried the camera in any way? Im not sure what the app does to improve signal but is it even remotely possible that it could have killed the camera? DJI said it needed to be sent in to them. I got the drone from Amazon and they were great and overnighted me a new one instead of waiting 2 weeks for DJI to fix the issue. Anyway i have the new Vision plus and everything is good. I just don't want to try the app again till i know it wasn't the problem with the camera. Anyone else have there camera just stop working of no reason? Also i was flying the course at fast speed. you think that could have hurt the camera?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You may want to take a look of a Facebook post "Rumors of FPV Booster Fried/Overheating Wi-Fi Module and Range Extender" https://www.facebook.com/fpvbooster/pos ... 2331195911

It states "Many P2V+ pilots misunderstood that blackout FPV screen is related to Wi-Fi board but in fact the video board, or they don't even know video board is also residing in Wi-Fi module."

Thanks.[/quote]
You may want to take a look of a Facebook post "Rumors of FPV Booster Fried/Overheating Wi-Fi Module and Range Extender" https://www.facebook.com/fpvbooster/pos ... 2331195911

It states "Many P2V+ pilots misunderstood that blackout FPV screen is related to Wi-Fi board but in fact the video board, or they don't even know video board is also residing in Wi-Fi module."[/quote]

Thanks for the link. Doesn't sound like my issue but its interesting. My camera and gimbal completely died. No life at all. I guess i will try the app again. Does anyone have any feedback as to how the app should work with the P2V+ V3.0. I'm on a Samsung Note 4. Is the app worth using with this setup?

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20