P3 Firmware Anyone upgrade to RC firmware 1.8.0 yet?

Managed to just do mine on an iPad, although it did fail to start with. I think it was an issue with interference from the transmitter to the wifi. I separated the two as much as I could and it finished and updated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: moungoung
My phantom 3 professional controller update is okay but the aircraft is not updating. I have tried severally and it seems not to work. You can fly the drone okay, but no live features from the aircraft to my screen, it only fly but I can't see anything or recording. Please I need some help. Thanks

Hi, I just connected the iPad to the transmitter and powered up the P4 as usual. It told me the controller needed a software update but had to power the P4 down first. It then downloaded the update and installed on the controller. I went from 1.6 to 1.8. Hope that helps but do ask any specific questions.
For the drone updates I always use the DJI Assistant 2 app on a PC.

Reactions: nightpirate
Experiences?

Thanks

In response to your question about 1.8, I flew 4 batteries today, one prior to 1.8 and the other three following the install of 1.8. I couldn't tell any difference between the two. The P3P operated just fine in both ATTI mode, GPS mode, and a couple of F-mode functions. Wind conditions were between 10 to 20 MPH.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

I updated it to 1.8 today with my Android DJI Go App for my Phantom 4. After installing, the downlink became unstable and the display garbled from time to time. At first I thought it was just with my goggles connection, then I found out the same with my phone screen as well. Tested it back home and still found the video downlink unstable. Refreshed the drone firmware again but to no avail. Finally gave up and downgraded the firmware of the controller back to 1.56 and that solved all the issues. If the past experience is to go by, do not upgrade the firmware of a controller before you up grade the firmware of the drone. But on this occasion there is no upgrade for the drone firmware.

I see that there is problem with 1.8 Tx F/W can i continue fly with 1.6 even the warning "new F/W.......
Thanks
Moti

Thank you! Upgraded this afternoon flew one battery no issues with exception of needing to buy some more batteries :0

Still no update. DJI GO 3.0 android is noticing i have 'latest firmware'.... but i have still 1.6

Is there a way to manual push update 1.8 to RC?

Update:
I tried to uninstall and install again DJI go on two Android devices and they do not want to recognize firmware versions both on P3P and RC.
There is N/A in bird and rc firmware fields, both DJI go version and serial number are showing correctly.

Update 2:
I tried to press 5-10 seconds this button to RC downgrade. I have in fields Equipment and Firmware versions: downloading... and this downloading is hanging.

Any suggestions?
Have someone 1.8 file for RC (i would upgrade through usb)

What triggers this update? A particular version of DJI GO? I installed the RC update and it is now requiring a bird update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic