Anyone up here in Nebraska?

I live in west Omaha. Do not yet have a Phantom, but have been trying to decide which one to purchase.

I just joined and live in Lincoln; of course there is probably a pretty good chance I just bought my second-hand phantom from you.

I'm in Bellevue. Should get a P2 today. Have a P1. Too darned cold out to test it out very much.

I'm in Lincoln. Just got a Phantom and have done a few flights. I'm a bit leery about flying when it's more than mildly breezy. Hoping for more good practice days soon.

I live in Lincoln. I just bought a Phantom 1, should be here today actually. It's going to be kinda cold the next few days but as soon as the weather gets nice I would be down for a little get together, since I'm new I could use some advice/tips.

Yep. It is cold and windy. I couldn't wait and took my new P2 up in the wind. It was tough and the flight was only about a minute long. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdgaUI_3LLI

The gimbal works... but boy was that a tough ride. Was going to try to make it out today but it is currently too cold ( 0 degrees right now). Looks like a minimum of 10 mph winds for the foreseeable weeks but I can stand that... I don't like anything below 10 or 15 degrees... just too much.

justinskywalker said:
I live in Lincoln. I just bought a Phantom 1, should be here today actually. It's going to be kinda cold the next few days but as soon as the weather gets nice I would be down for a little get together, since I'm new I could use some advice/tips.

It would be fun to get together and compare notes. Won't be warm for a few days, though. Was thinking about going to Hayworth park when it gets warmer and getting some shots of the bridge. Need some sunshine so it won't all be shades of gray.

Went to Hayworth today. It was about 10 degrees and I could only fly for about 2 or 3 minutes. My hands were freezing up (10 mph wind didn't help). However, the river looked great and the light was right. The video was good - I cut one of the frames and am showing it here. Need to get a UV filter. This shot would have been better with one.

bellevueriverbridge1.jpg

That is a great pic! I am also in Omaha and just ordered a Phantom v1. I already have my gopro so I should be set when the quad gets here. I cant wait to get it in the air! Do any of you guys get together and fly or is everybody basically on their own?

My home is Nebraska but I'm always gone somewhere. Not many chances to meet.

Brothainchrist06 said:
That is a great pic! I am also in Omaha and just ordered a Phantom v1. I already have my gopro so I should be set when the quad gets here. I cant wait to get it in the air! Do any of you guys get together and fly or is everybody basically on their own?

I'll be back in town next week and plan on doing the Haworth Park site again (actually - across the road where the trail is). I want to get that building that hangs over the river again. The thing intrigues me.

ladykate said:
nateomaha said:
So I'm in a bit of a bind...I need some props for the Vision 2 ASAP and am in Omaha. Anybody have any spares I could buy?

Nate, I don't have any spares that I can release right now but you can get them quick shipped by bhphotovideo. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?st ... tt=phantom

I ended up buying some from them, as well as these. Worked out great, they are OEM.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRA ... UTF8&psc=1

I fly on the weekends occasionally. Weather has been dreadful lately so looking forward to summer.

Brothainchrist06 said:
Where abouts are you? I would be interested in a little exploring around the area.

av8inglife said:
Just joining the forum.
I live in Omaha as well. Currently waiting on the mailman to bring my PV2 and FPV gear.

There appears to be a lot of us in this area. I'm not too interested in a club as such but it might be nice to get together and fly. Right now it is too cold but next week is supposed to be great. I am going down to Haworth Park on Saturday after next. I am interested in an airborne photo run with another Phantom in view. Might make for some cool video.

av8inglife said:
This Snowy cold weather needs to go away already :lol:

No kidding. I changed out the FPV antenna on my P2 and was going to fly it in my driveway to check it out. I just returned from a trip and the silly P2 wouldn't compass calibrate. I took it back inside and it calibrated right away. Back out, back in, back out and finally got it to work. Burned up 15% of the battery just screwing with it. I was cold and lost all motivation. I came back in and sulked. ;-}

But the good news is that it will only be -9F (actual) tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4