Anyone try the nougat update on Shield K1?

Reaction score
New update for Shield K1, bringing it up to android 7, nougat, anyone try it yet? If so, anything negative for your P3 experience?

I am currently at a location where my internet is crappy. It keeps cutting in and out, and I get an update failed, too many re-tries. I might get to somewhere later today or tomorrow with better WiFi, and get this update downloaded, and try it out. (It is also raining here, so...)

Someone update here if they have tried it.
Thanks

Last edited:
I hadn't heard about that update, I'm a new Shield owner myself. I probably can't update using normal methods, as I've rooted the thing, but I'll go look into it now...

My K1 works perfect so I doubt I will upgrade. In fact I have not been prompted to upgrade.

New update for Shield K1, bringing it up to android 7, noughat, anyone try it yet? If so, anything negative for your P3 experience?

I am currently at a location where my internet is crappy. It keeps cutting in and out, and I get an update failed, too many re-tries. I might get to somewhere later today or tomorrow with better WiFi, and get this update downloaded, and try it out. (It is also raining here, so...)

Someone update here if they have tried it.
Thanks
So, I finally got the update done, got one flight in, looked good, then got bit by the forced app update, so ... WTF?? DJI can suck it!! Walked over a half hour in to the rough, to shoot a waterfall up the hill from Ninole, no Internet, and a forced update, with no possibility of flying! Nice if would have got a warning at least, much nicer to not be forced to take an update I do not want.

P3P / Shield K1 / Canada / SK

So, I finally got the update done, got one flight in, looked good, then got bit by the forced app update, so ... WTF?? DJI can suck it!! Walked over a half hour in to the rough, to shoot a waterfall up the hill from Ninole, no Internet, and a forced update, with no possibility of flying! Nice if would have got a warning at least, much nicer to not be forced to take an update I do not want.

P3P / Shield K1 / Canada / SK
Try clearing the app data, I can confirm that works. But dji go must never be allowed to connect to internet, even if running in the background. I installed a firewall app and that fixes the issue permanently. Update, firewall app is to slow at boot. Dji find internet before the firewall blocks it. You must disable internet before shooting down or rebooting device.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

Last edited:
P3A running Android 7.0 Nougat on Nvidia Shield and app version 3.1.3

Had 3 flights today, app crashed 3 times and needed restarting.

Thinking about going back an android version if possible and/or side loading an older version of the GO app.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just reflashed the previous version this morning. Constant crashing and difficult to connect with P4. I'll see how it goes with Go4 now. Doesn't seem like DJI works well with Nougat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using PhantomPilots mobile app

P3A running Android 7.0 Nougat on Nvidia Shield and app version 3.1.3

Had 3 flights today, app crashed 3 times and needed restarting.

Thinking about going back an android version if possible and/or side loading an older version of the GO app.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks

Strange, my P3P, go V 3.13, has been flawless for me, with Android 7. (I have a hard time resisting updates, so went ahead with it)

P4 w/ nvidia shield k1 android 7 (nougat) with litchi has been stable, for me. I've flown a roof for 6 battery cycles (30%) with no problems. I had to recalibrate my sensors through the go4 app and it crashed during the compass.
*clicks "force close" for go4 .....

Same for me. Since my shield got the Nougat update, the DJI GO App has crashed yesterday two times in flight with my P3P:-(

Last edited:
Last night I rolled my K1 back to 6.01. Go and Litchi work fine for my P3P. Ended up buying an iPad Mini 2 for the P4P. Flew that fine today on both Go 4 and Litchi.

Cannot access the DJI Go login screen now after the update on my Shield :(

On the Dji forum, posts about K1, theGrindLab. posted he was having disconnect problems since nougat(7) update and rolled back to marshmallow(6) and no problems, I noticed in Developer Options, USB Configuration was reverting back to Charging, so I relinked RC to P4P and USB Configuration stayed on MTP and not reverting to Charging, all fine. RC will begin charging K1 when USB set to charging because K1 see's RC as a charger not a RC device. Also reinstalled DJI Go 4 which asks you if you want RC to auto connect to Go 4 when RC turned on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31