Anyone try: Polar Pro DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Filter pack?

Well about this I think I can help you, I've achieved a perfect level horizon with these steps:

- take a square flat table and make it level perfectly with paper on the corner or what you prefer. Measure with a level straight and diagonal to be sure that is perfectly level

- put phantom on it without battery and with the level on the top of the propellers screw the phantom should be leveled.

- then put the battery in it, with the weight of the battery (needed to do the imu cal) the phantom will not be leveled and you should use paper on the bottom of the legs to achieve a perfectly level phantom

At the end with the table leveled and phantom leveled with battery, start the PC and immediately the IMU calibration. My result has been really great with phantom stable on yaw and gimbal leveled perfectly.

Thank you very much.

Regarding horizon, it's gimabal problem (just noted: need to do advanced calibration to try to fix this): filter has no effect on this.
Thank you!, now I guess the question is, over time does the gimbal motor wear out or become unstable? Obviously we don't know that now, can you please let us know if you have any problems in the future? I emailed DJI support asking about filters, they have not replied back.

My current Phantom is only half year old, less than 50 flys and no big crashes, so don't think it's wear out problem. Generally gimbal performs well, the only problem was horizon misaligment. Yesterday did advanced calibration, will see how it will perform now.

I 'm kinda stoked to be able to use the ND Filter while flying. Those who dont know what that is here is the difference when using a ND Filter.

darwin_polarizer.jpg

Without Filter-------------------------------------------------------------With Filter
I'm not sure you quite understand what a ND-filter does. It does not make your image automatically 'pop' like this photo you've added. What a ND-filter (ND stands for Neutral Density) does is restrict the amount of light that reaches the camera sensor. The reason why the added image looks so different is because it allows the camera (which by the way is something in a completely different league than the p2v+) to shoot at a lower iso-value as well as a longer shutter speed and a smaller aperture to increase depth of field. This, and post processing, obviously.

A ND-filter on a phantom will give you a slower shutter during daylight shooting, and might help jello if that's something you're struggling with. In all but ideal conditions it will cause the phantom to boost the iso, and reduce image quality dramatically. Another external glass element also increases the chances of flare and unwanted reflections.

On another note, a CP-filter might be something to consider, which blocks polarised light (reflected light). This can increase colour vividness and reduce glare/reflection in some conditions.

Hi manny, what do you suggest to increase video and photo quality in direct sunlight condition? As you know when you fly toward the sun video become very dark....

My current Phantom is only half year old, less than 50 flys and no big crashes, so don't think it's wear out problem. Generally gimbal performs well, the only problem was horizon misaligment. Yesterday did advanced calibration, will see how it will perform now.
Thank you Nerius

I was wondering that but they are only 0.24 ounces so it shouldn't interfere with the camera's gimbal system at all. If anyone else is interested in them, I have ordered them and will do a side by side shots when they arrive so everyone can see the difference. And maybe even a video of the gimbal with it on there so people can see that as well. I pretty sure with them only being 0.24 oz each the gimbal will be just fine. I'm kinda stoked to be able to use the ND Filter while flying. Those who dont know what that is here is the difference when using a ND Filter.

darwin_polarizer.jpg

Without Filter-------------------------------------------------------------With Filter

How are going these test?[emoji4]

I was wondering that but they are only 0.24 ounces so it shouldn't interfere with the camera's gimbal system at all. If anyone else is interested in them, I have ordered them and will do a side by side shots when they arrive so everyone can see the difference. And maybe even a video of the gimbal with it on there so people can see that as well. I pretty sure with them only being 0.24 oz each the gimbal will be just fine. I'm kinda stoked to be able to use the ND Filter while flying. Those who dont know what that is here is the difference when using a ND Filter.

darwin_polarizer.jpg

Any news ccl?

Tested Polarpro polarizer Filter today. Please take a look: video unedited, settings: ISO 100, EV -0.3, WB Auto .
As about plastic quality same as for ND filters: plastic is hard and filter don't fit easy: was forced to cut a holding tabs with knife at first. Fitted till the end this time, so no blinks. Wanted to test over water/ground/trees/grass/ mix to test reflections and colors. Overall my impressions, that filter is doing it's job, but for price of 60 euros in my country, plastic and made quality should definitely be better.

Tested Polarpro polarizer Filter today. Please take a look: video unedited, settings: ISO 100, EV -0.3, WB Auto .
As about plastic quality same as for ND filters: plastic is hard and filter don't fit easy: was forced to cut a holding tabs with knife at first. Fitted till the end this time, so no blinks. Wanted to test over water/ground/trees/grass/ mix to test reflections and colors. Overall my impressions, that filter is doing it's job, but for price of 60 euros in my country, plastic and made quality should definitely be better, they should sell current version at half price.

Still loading I'll watch later thanks. Performed IMU cal as I told you?

Yes. Thank you, but gimbal still problematic. Maybe it has some hardware problem etc.
Are you sure? I see a perfectly level video with same length on the right and on the left side, seems to me that your gimbal is leveled good.

BTW video is awesome!

Are you sure? I see a perfectly level video with same length on the right and on the left side, seems to me that your gimbal is leveled good.

BTW video is awesome!

Yes. I have todays video where horizon is still uneven: seems gimbal is uneven not always: only in some cases.
I like phantom's performance/features, but not build quality ;)

Yes. I have todays video where horizon is still uneven: seems gimbal is uneven not always: only in some cases.
I like phantom's performance/features, but not build quality ;)
Which and filter u used nd4?
And have you notice improvements in video toward the sun, I mean are less dark?

No. Todays fly was with polarizer filter only. Regarding uneven horizon: i noted, that it didn't matters which filter- polarizer or ND, or no filter fitted, same problem: sometimes horizon is uneven.
And i'm 99% sure filter has no influence on this. Will try to make advanced calibration with filter attached ;)

Also noted another problem with polarpro filters: because of hard plactic, at the beginning filters fit very hard, but after some use, they started to fit very easy and holds not secure. Easy to lose and some kind of additional securing is necessary.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl