anyone try out this Gimbal on their Vision

Wow. It's obviously not using a genuine, licenced SimpleBGC controller board as claimed - they come in at around $150-$180 just for the controller board without any gimbal parts for a genuine one - so this one's likely using knock-off boards with stolen IP...

I know that doesn't bother some people, so at that money you might as well just buy one to try it if you have no issues with the ripped off electronics. It's almost disposable!

I was just making the inquiry not saying I am buying one..
had no idea if it was real or ripped or whatever... I was looking for a better gimbal for my F2V and like the price

THell said:
I was just making the inquiry not saying I am buying one..
had no idea if it was real or ripped or whatever... I was looking for a better gimbal for my F2V and like the price

Don't get me wrong I wasn't having a go at you, just pointing out the reason why a lot of gimbals are so cheap compared to authorised products.

Interesting mounting points, though it looks like it negates mounting the filter kit...

-slinger

THell said:
Just wondering if anyone has tried out this gimbal on their P2V

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321405980972?ssP ... 1423.l2649

Yes I'm using it and it works pretty good - it will take some setting up though. Ive been posting my setup here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5634

Pull_Up said:
Wow. It's obviously not using a genuine, licenced SimpleBGC controller board as claimed - they come in at around $150-$180 just for the controller board without any gimbal parts for a genuine one - so this one's likely using knock-off boards with stolen IP...

Well up until recently you had the choice between 3 gimbals: Taco - supposedly not genuine, the gimbal that straps on the landing gear (rumors of not genuine as well) and rotor pixel which for me is way too heavy and where it seems you can end up waiting months for ever getting one. Also it appears to have some jello issues - suppose thats why they keep on "improving it". For the price they are asking I preferred no gimbal until this one came along.

Now you have the Cyclops - but still, at those prices might think of getting a p2v+ instead and spare the extra weights you have using any of these aftermarket gimbals.

I run an original Rotorpixel (3rd delivered I believe) and never had jello issues. Once balanced and the thumbscrews tightened I had and have great results. But yes, its weighty. Means it's pretty tough though - unlike the P2V+ gimbal judging by the number of broken ones there appear to be. The price is great for this chinese one, but as I thought it's not a genuine board - to be fair to the seller I asked him via eBay and he came straight back and said up-front this is not a licenced SimpleBGC board and people will either have an issue with that or not.

I have heard that GoPro mounts for Rotorpixel are on the way which opens up the possibility of running a GoPro on your Vision and being able to use the GoPro WiFi and app for remote shutter control in the air which I want to have a play with...

Certainly lots of choice in the Vision gimbal market these days. :)

Pull_Up said:

I know that doesn't bother some people, so at that money you might as well just buy one to try it if you have no issues with the ripped off electronics. It's almost disposable!

A licensed BaseCam micro board is about $80 retail. Gimbal motors start at $15 retail. (Source: hobbyking.com)
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...m_SimpleBGC_.html?strSearch=Quanum controller

That being said, the phrase "no need to upgrade" is a dead giveaway that it is counterfeit.

Pull_Up said:
I have heard that GoPro mounts for Rotorpixel are on the way which opens up the possibility of running a GoPro on your Vision and being able to use the GoPro WiFi and app for remote shutter control in the air which I want to have a play with...
Simon - how exactly would you control the tilt of such a gimbal if you have upgraded your Vision to the latest software? Without the FC200 you can't send commands via your phone/tablet and I thought the latest software prevented the use of Channel 7 on the TX.

With no FC200 you wouldn't have any control that was available via app (including waypoints, find my phantom, etc). It's more a proof of concept thing using a GoPro on the Vision because you're not usually safely able to use GoPro WiFi link for shutter control on 2.4GHz controlled systems... I look forward to taking it off the Vision, swapping out FC200 for GoPro and mounting it to my F450, then swapping back... Two gimbals for the price of one!

DKDarkness said:
Pull_Up said:

A licensed BaseCam micro board is about $80 retail. Gimbal motors start at $15 retail. (Source: hobbyking.com)
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...m_SimpleBGC_.html?strSearch=Quanum controller

That being said, the phrase "no need to upgrade" is a dead giveaway that it is counterfeit.
You're right, they are selling 2 axis cheap at Hobby King, and genuine too, well done HK! For current/future 3-axis use a licenced board will cost you more like the figures I quoted... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... eBGC_.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers