Anyone tried their old gimbal out on the. Vision yet?

Reaction score
The only deal killer for me is the inability to use a real, preferably one I own, gimbal I know the vision camera sends a feed for the OSD to the iPhone so it's not as simple as sticking on a gimbal and gopro. But has anyone attempted a gimbal with the Vision camera? That would seem the easiest hack.

Roadkilt said:
The only deal killer for me is the inability to use a real, preferably one I own, gimbal I know the vision camera sends a feed for the OSD to the iPhone so it's not as simple as sticking on a gimbal and gopro. But has anyone attempted a gimbal with the Vision camera? That would seem the easiest hack.

The guys over at Aerial Media Pros have mounted the Zenmuse to the Vision. You can see video of it and photos on their Instagram. I would be really surprised if DJI didn't allow some form of upgrade as the natural progression of Phantom flyers end up wanting a gimbal and higher quality video.

Over at RCGroups.com there are some tear down photos of the internals of the Vision, and it appears the board does include the Zenmuse compatibility.

It'll be interesting to hear what flight times people get once they connect a 300g payload (after removing the Vision camera)
I have no doubt DJI is planing to release a Phantom 2 with a zenmuse (tho wonder if they play to release a bare-boned no-camera version).
But who knows when

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4