Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone tried Autopilot 3.1 Yet?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Slow Polk, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Slow Polk

Looks like they made quit a few changes. Also added P3S witch is a good thing for those of you with one.

2. J&L

J&L

I downloaded this morning. Thunderstorms all day today. Maybe I get a chance to fly it this week. I want to try out airspace and see how it works. Ready for spring and summer so we can use follow mode with the motorcycles.

3. Wang J Coon

Be careful with Cruise mode. I have tried it twice and found it to be quite sluggish with controller inputs, it will cause a crash.

4. J&L

J&L

I have tried it. I can't seem to get my P3A above 25mph. And no winds. Seems very slow. Same thing with the DJI go app

5. Slow Polk

I have a P3A and a P3S. When I first connected the P3A it connected ok then the Standard was connected ok. Now I can't get either one to connect. Emailed Autopilot and they emailed me some BS that doesn't work and I emailed them back and nothing. I am asking for my money back!

6. J&L

J&L

Go back and make sure you close all the apps and try and reconnect them I had a similar issue of my bird not connecting to DJI go app lastnight Haven't had an issue with Autopilot 3.1

7. Slow Polk

I have a iPad mini 4 and a iPad air 2 both are decanted to the drones. So when I bought these iPads they were with the intent to be debated to the drones and as such no other apps are on them except the DJI GO. And yes I made sure they were off. Still waiting for Autopilot to respond.

8. Wang J Coon

When using autopilot in cruise mode the overall handling is very mushy, it is slow to stop, turn, and reverse at any speed. Kind of like a bad lag on a computer and it seemed to be intermittent.

9. Wang J Coon

You're lucky it didn't work, because of the sluggish control response in Cruise response I am sending my P3A to DJI for repairs.

10. Slow Polk

Really sorry to hear about your experience. I will not use it until they get it right. Thanks for the heads up.

11. J&L

J&L

Operator error prolly. No one else is complaining about autopilot

12. Slow Polk

I don't know about everyone else but I can't connect so I am having problems and they don't respond. That's all I'am saying.

13. Wang J Coon

I tried the Cruise mode twice getting the same intermittent slow response. Pilot error, in part, I wasn't quick enough to switch to manual flight.

Rasit likes this.
  14. J&L

J&L

Maybe your being rude like your being on here. Cause every time I comment on there YouTube page or Facebook page or on here they respond back within a few hours or shorter. I'm sure your not the only customer they have to respond too. Just saying.

15. 2nd2non

Reduce your responsiveness movement parameter to 2secs or lower. This should resolve. Cruise ignores this setting all together in the new beta build.

16. Wang J Coon

Did that after the first near miss, did not help.

17. 2nd2non

Hmm, mine works fine, but have always had a low responsiveness movement parameter. Are you in the beta? You can get the next build. I haven't tried it yet, but release notes state some improvements with cruise

18. Slow Polk

If stating the facts is considered RUDE then so be it. Just saying.