Anyone transferred their Vision to 2.4ghz?

Reaction score
My Vision camera has been good but I am working at putting a Sony on and moving the control to 2.4ghz with a decent radio and then FPV off 5.8ghz. Anyone else done the transfer?

Yes I should have brought a non vision but that ship has sailed.

tomwato said:
My Vision camera has been good but I am working at putting a Sony on and moving the control to 2.4ghz with a decent radio and then FPV off 5.8ghz. Anyone else done the transfer?

Yes I should have brought a non vision but that ship has sailed.

I don't think you can do that. The radio uses a dedicated receiver, plugged into a canbus instead of 'normal' controls with multiple channel outputs.

grinsven said:
I don't think you can do that. The radio uses a dedicated receiver, plugged into a canbus instead of 'normal' controls with multiple channel outputs.

What I have seen is an official DJI video turning a Phantom 2 on 2.4ghz into 5.8ghz so that Lightbridge can be used on the 2.4ghz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yakxhKUHeDw. I guess there is nothing stopping it going the other way from 5.8 to 2.4 with a simple modification? I can't seem to find a part for it through. Been using the search term "Phantom 2.4ghz receiver module".

What also got me thinking is that people are using the Naza on other quads with their own Transmitter and Receivers (Futaba, Taranis etc) so what is stopping us from doing the same? I have read the Phantom Naza is slightly different to other Nazas.

I do have some parts coming but have no experience in this area and was wondering if someone has give in a go.

I thought that all you had to do was just remove two cable wires from the main receiver an connect only one set to a 2.4 system with the single plug on the bottom. The other end goes to X2 on the NASA, cant think of what its called now, but there is a video of it let me see if i can find it..

yeah here you go, he seem to have luck with his install. let us know what you come up with.

http://youtu.be/hae6-WIak6c

Yes I have done it. I am using a turnigy 9x with frsky module and xbus receiver. this receiver has sbus support and works with the vision. I actually installed a switch so I can go back and forth between stock 5.8ghz controller and 2.4ghz turnigy controller.

helixaviator said:
Yes I have done it. I am using a turnigy 9x with frsky module

Thats what I have on order. Going the 9xr Pro with frsky module. Guess I will direct any issues your way. :D

just make sure your receiver has s.bus or d.bus support. I think only the x series receivers work with sbus.

Just changed my receivers so they have s.bus support. I think you are correct with the x series being the only ones with them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4