Anyone thinking about using the new P2 motors on their FC40?

Reaction score
UPDATE at the bottom of this page

Here's an excerpt from: http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-ha ... quadcopter
"New propulsion system for Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 Vision+
New 2312 motors, 9450 propellers, and ESCs combine to give you greater thrust and control than ever before. You can load more equipment on your Phantom, and achieve up to 200g/axis of extra thrust when using a 3S LiPo battery with this completely new system."

Does anyone know it can't be done?

I wouldn't mind giving my machine a set of more powerful motors.

Has anyone upgraded their motors to something more powerful?

UPDATE: :D
Woody found us some motors that do not require a different ESC.
Nice find Woody.
T-Motor Antigravity MN2214 V3 Motor Upgrade 4Pcs White DJI Phantom Tiger Motor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Motor-Antigra ... 2594968a9f

Re: Anyone thinking about using the new P2 motors on their F

They'll work fine in an FC40 as long as you upgrade the ESC's to the new version as well.

Cool,
How would I upgrade my ESC's?

I hate to sound ignorant, but I am.

IflyinWY said:
Cool,

Replace them with the new ones. They solder in.

lostkiwi said:
IflyinWY said:
Cool,

Replace them with the new ones. They solder in.

:lol:

I don't know what to say

OI Photography said:
They'll work fine in an FC40 as long as you upgrade the ESC's to the new version as well.
Good luck finding the new ESC's...

syotr said:
OI Photography said:
Good luck finding the new ESC's...

I have not been able to. :cry:

I think the parts will be easier to find once they have been out awhile.

Beario said:
I think the parts will be easier to find once they have been out awhile.
The new ESC's have supposedly been out since late May according to DJI.

Here is what I am finding, and there is no reference to which motor it is for.

Can anyone confirm if these are the "new ESC's" for the "new 2312 motors"?
http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/dji- ... l-esc.html

I would appreciate a link to the new ESC's, if this is not it.

Thanks

Anything else on this yet? I'm more than interested in the mod. I also wonder about battery time as well. Thanks.

I've got nothing new.

If anyone knows, their not talking.

Right on Dirk,

Thank you :D

dirkclod said:
Thanks nothing , I want to go on a Elk hunt ;)

I'm taking bribes :D

jryser said:
Drone Camps - http://www.dronecamps.com - has everything you need.

I didn't see any motors or ESCs on their site. I'll try emailing to see what they have.
Thanks

I have thought about adding the new 2312 motors to my fc40 Which would be badass considering the fc40 does not have the max speed clamped down like dji has now done with the p2s last few firmware updates. Which almost makes it kind of pointless to upgrade motors on a p2 or p2 vision in less some one just needs to carry extra weight and still be limited to the top speed limit dji has put on the p2 and p2 visions last firmware down grades. (I call the last few firmware updates for the p2s down grades being the fact that they take away features and add unwanted stuff like the speed limit,decreased the speed of decent making it hard to fly high and still be able to have time to land before the battery dies and the worst part of all is the return to home speed now is a pitiful slow lumbering limp home instead of it trying to fly as fast as it can. which makes a rth in any head wind a risky gambol

But any way on the fC40 to be able to use the new bigger 2312 motors would need you to have to make p2 version 2.1 escs fit and being able to plug in with there proprietary 4 wire connector. BUT there also is an easier way to get escs that will work with the 2312 motors. which is to just use after market escs that are rated higher then 20amps so they can drive the motors and not burn out the 18amp stock escs in the fc40s. New after market escs with a built in bec can plug right in to the naza controller just like how the fc40s escs already plug in.

J.James said:
I have thought about adding the new 2312 motors to my fc40 Which would be badass considering the fc40 does not have the max speed clamped down like dji has now done with the p2s last few firmware updates. Which almost makes it kind of pointless to upgrade motors on a p2 or p2 vision in less some one just needs to carry extra weight and still be limited to the top speed limit dji has put on the p2 and p2 visions last firmware down grades. (I call the last few firmware updates for the p2s down grades being the fact that they take away features and add unwanted stuff like the speed limit,decreased the speed of decent making it hard to fly high and still be able to have time to land before the battery dies and the worst part of all is the return to home speed now is a pitiful slow lumbering limp home instead of it trying to fly as fast as it can. which makes a rth in any head wind a risky gambol

But any way on the fC40 to be able to use the new bigger 2312 motors would need you to have to make p2 version 2.1 escs fit and being able to plug in with there proprietary 4 wire connector. BUT there also is an easier way to get escs that will work with the 2312 motors. which is to just use after market escs that are rated higher then 20amps so they can drive the motors and not burn out the 18amp stock escs in the fc40s. New after market escs with a built in bec can plug right in to the naza controller just like how the fc40s escs already plug in.
You could install the 2312 motors and E300 Mark II ESC's in the FC40 but you would lose the LED's under the arms.

You could install the 2312 motors and E300 Mark II ESC's in the FC40 but you would lose the LED's under the arms.

Dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damit thats some thing that totally slipped me about losing the leds with no stock escs.

back to the drawing board again on that. I'm sure there is a work around for leds. Even if it was just for orientation leds with some reds and greens to know front from back. That would just be lit any time the phantom is powered on. Then still use the big real led for status indicator and all that good stuff the big led tells you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav