anyone think it's difficult to remove the P2V's battery?

Reaction score
I find it difficult to pull the battery from the Phantom 2 Vision. I believe I'm pressing in enough on the two latches; the problem seems to be friction or that the battery is too tight for the space allocated. I'm wondering if anyone else has this experience and has figured out a solution. Thanks.

I use both thumbs (below) & index fingers (above) to squeeze the tabs, then rock the sides of my hands against the body of the Phantom as a backstop to pull the battery out. Once it clears an inch or so you can grab it with one hand.

iDrone

Yep mine is stiff to get out, too. I wonder if this is why I never got the invalid battery error - everything is held very tightly so not much room for those spring-loaded pins to dance about and lose contact.

It will be interesting to see if my second battery is also a good tight fit when it arrives.

Thanks to all for replying. My goal was to calibrate expectations, not criticize the battery.

...and for the record my second battery is also a good tight fit (although perhaps a little easier to remove than the one it shipped with). Looks like tight is where it's at. If my fingers are cold I do find it very difficult to remove. Must get some dielectric gloves so I can still operate the app with them on!

In one of the DJI video's Colin mentions the tightness of the battery and indicates that it is that way on purpose. So it won't come out in flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj