Anyone recommend a Phantom 3 Standard Case? under $100?

Ah, but finding the case... that is the REAL problem! Especially for those who can't get the MCM case.

Yes, but obviously it doesn't have to be an mcm case, with this idea you can go out and get any type or size case or back pack you want, use what ever type of foam you want and create your own , to your own specs.I guess it depends how you want to transport it, in your car, or up a mountain on your back.
Just an idea I came across for those who are handy with their hands.

3zY9DLx.jpg
ScubaSteve
I've been looking at the exact MCM case model # 22-24160 (this is the one here right) for weeks. How is this working out for ya'? Was it a bear to cut all the foam? Does the drone stay securely snug in the case when carrying the case by the handle? Thanks.

ScubaSteve
I've been looking at the exact MCM case model # 22-24160 (this is the one here right) for weeks. How is this working out for ya'? Was it a bear to cut all the foam? Does the drone stay securely snug in the case when carrying the case by the handle? Thanks.

Yes it is the 22-24160 (the deep one), so far I love it. Cutting all of the foam wasn't terrible but it definitely took me about 2 hours or better to lay it all out and cut it up. The foam is pre-cut in small squares in attempt to make it easier to layout but in reality they don't all tear off neat and clean so you'll need to use a knife regardless.

I had to try a number of different stacking arrangements of the different foams to get the drone to be nice and snug with the lid closed. As it sits right now, the drone itself with the props on is at the perfect height to be nice and snug with the lid latched, I have no worries of it being too tight or loose in the case. The batteries on the other hand sit a little lower than the top of the drone so they have about an inch of vertical wiggle room before they hit the lid's foam; even with that extra space there's no way they could get free in the case and damage themselves or anything else so I'm not worried about it.

Tomorrow I'm taking it out for its first real trip...I'll report back on any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is the 22-24160 (the deep one), so far I love it. Cutting all of the foam wasn't terrible but it definitely took me about 2 hours or better to lay it all out and cut it up. The foam is pre-cut in small squares in attempt to make it easier to layout but in reality they don't all tear off neat and clean so you'll need to use a knife regardless.

I had to try a number of different stacking arrangements of the different foams to get the drone to be nice and snug with the lid closed. As it sits right now, the drone itself with the props on is at the perfect height to be nice and snug with the lid latched, I have no worries of it being too tight or loose in the case. The batteries on the other hand sit a little lower than the top of the drone so they have about an inch of vertical wiggle room before they hit the lid's foam; even with that extra space there's no way they could get free in the case and damage themselves or anything else so I'm not worried about it.

Tomorrow I'm taking it out for its first real trip...I'll report back on any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Great, Thanks. The case looks very good, not looking forward to the cutting of the foam.

I chose a cheaper non hard shell works great and looks like a book bag
cf80525cfab4bbd8d35e98694739b7e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Where did you buy it? I'm considering to buy one, but so far I only found it on Aliexpress (with rather high shipping costs of 110$ to Italy) while it is not available for shipping on Amazon.

Reactions: tiziano
It's on eBay type in dji phantom backpack I got mine for less than 40 but I see them for around 50 now

Got mine from gearbeast today, can't complain, not bad overall. Just had to unscrew the phone holder for it to fit. 50 bucks shipped, took about two and a half weeks
89f47a70014f0df39df510232795dded.jpg

91afb6564f38ef3a49c6b0c547ebd79b.jpg

Reactions: LanaRain
I have the same one, but from Banggood.

Reactions: wakebrdr94
Got mine from gearbeast today, can't complain, not bad overall. Just had to unscrew the phone holder for it to fit. 50 bucks shipped, took about two and a half weeks
89f47a70014f0df39df510232795dded.jpg

91afb6564f38ef3a49c6b0c547ebd79b.jpg

Great looking case [emoji1] nice job. [emoji106]

eBay $73.00 if you're gonna cut it up anyways in order to fit antennas or iPads or different mounts.
Mine works good . Check it out.
Really like the decals! Did they come with the case??

Last edited:
I got the Dji hard case backpack for 99.00 at micro center ...better n the items I saw on eBay and Amazon

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just picked up the droneguard kit from lowepro Lowepro DroneGuard Kit LP36910 B&H Photo Video. It's fantastic. Yes, definitely not as secure as a hardshell case, but it's so great to have everything easily accessible. Mine holds my P3P, four batteries, props, wind gauge, usb battery pack etc. the only downside was that my wife calls it my "drone purse". But seriously, it's awesome, I have made more than a few trips with it and am very happy. I can be at a location and out doing preflight in less than 2 minutes.

I'm in France, I bought mine from studiosport.fr, they are awesome for DJI accessories.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20