Anyone recommend a Phantom 3 Standard Case? under $100?

Dang.. I always research businesses before a purchase. I'm not real confident of Gearbest. I may pay more by buying off amazon or eBay. But I'm looking for a case, not a headache. Has anybody bought off Gearbest? They got horrible reviews.. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I buy regularly off Gearbest and BangGood. Haven't had a problem with either. Slow as snot though...20 days to arrival from China

Reactions: Bigsekcee
LanaRain which one do you got? I like the look of yours.

Hey, thanks I got my case from eBay last year for $73.00 free shipping. It shipped from New Jersey. I believe the price has come down a little now.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453735380.875418.jpg

Maybe try the MCM case or a Seahorse case if you can spare a few more bucks.
I'm also looking for a case like this, and due to the poor Canadian Dollar at the moment was prepared to pay more, but holy crap was not expecting this big a difference for the same case between amazon.com and amazon.ca.

amazon.com,$44.91 + $9.79 shipping - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00QPQLWO6/ph079-20
amazon.ca, CDN$ 361.56 + CDN$ 9.54 shipping - 22inch Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case by MCM Electronics: Amazon.ca: Electronics

I'm also looking for a case like this, and due to the poor Canadian Dollar at the moment was prepared to pay more, but holy crap was not expecting this big a difference for the same case between amazon.com and amazon.ca.

amazon.com,$44.91 + $9.79 shipping - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00QPQLWO6/ph079-20
amazon.ca, CDN$ 361.56 + CDN$ 9.54 shipping - 22inch Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case by MCM Electronics: Amazon.ca: Electronics
Buy directly from MCM since they ship to Canada. I would contact them for a shipping quote.
22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case | 22-24120 (2224120) | Distributed By MCM

Wow. That is some sick exchange rate. Hehehe

I would NOT leave the props on. You're just asking for trouble unless the phantom sits down into the foam. It boggles my mind people want to leave them on. Laziness shouldn't be paired with a flying object.

Any who, here's is a fitting template for ya.

IMG_0505_zps95h0shpl.png

Reactions: Uzi3L
I just received my eBay special.
4f905b6d25c53344c0b809ef47f63dc0.jpg

Everything fits perfect.
Make sure you order the new model as it has Extra cutouts for standard remote/iPhone holder.

Reactions: LanaRain
Just ordered one of these for 40 bucks, has anyone received one? Is it just a knockoff of the DJI bag or what? Any experience with durability or anything? Is there any reason to pay DJI 150 for theirs over this one?

DJI Phantom 3 Special Fittings Backpack C0095 Hardshell Turtle Shell
Fore sure it's a knock off, the true DJI one has rubber feet, but on this one they are just moulded into the "carbon fiber".

Buy Phantom 3 - Hardshell Backpack | DJI Store

I'm not saying it's not a decent case, for the price I might be getting one if I can't figure out a custom solution.

I chose a cheaper non hard shell works great and looks like a book bag
cf80525cfab4bbd8d35e98694739b7e5.jpg

55a4268d9304aa0fc34a7f6672c2d7fd.jpg
that's the inside

I would NOT leave the props on. You're just asking for trouble unless the phantom sits down into the foam. It boggles my mind people want to leave them on. Laziness shouldn't be paired with a flying object.

Any who, here's is a fitting template for ya.

IMG_0505_zps95h0shpl.png
I leave my props on in my case all the time. It has absolutely nothing to do with laziness and everything to do with wear and tear on the threads. After 20+ years of working in the mechanical trade, I can tell you without any doubt that repeated screwing and unscrewing of any threaded object, especially one with plastic threads going onto metal, is going to cause wear, and eventually lead to failure of the threads!

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I leave my props on in my case all the time. It has absolutely nothing to do with laziness and everything to do with wear and tear on the threads.
If you don't inspect your props in your pre-flight check, how can you be sure they won't fail in the air? I'd rather visually inspect them and know they are failed before I take off.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Well my MCM case just came in today and mines does not fit the standard with props on without having to put force on the lid to close. I took out all the foam layers and with the props on it does not close.

Well my MCM case just came in today and mines does not fit the standard with props on without having to put force on the lid to close. I took out all the foam layers and with the props on it does not close.

I should have the MCM 22" Deep case waiting at my doorstep when I get home this evening, I went for the deep model to hopefully allow me to have foam on top and bottom with the props on...I'll let you know how it turns out.

22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep | 22-24160 (2224160) | Distributed By MCM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers