Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone own the new Phantoms yet?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Hovtech, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Hovtech

I've been off this board for awhile as my Phantom went swimming a few months back. Anyhow I'm looking at the new Phantom. New engines, props, ESC's. Tilt dial built into the remote which has a rechargeable battery inside. All this for ~$900 for the GoPro model. I'm getting one. Has anyone else gotten one yet?

2. Idbird

:lol:
    Hovtech, this is the P2V + forum.

Good question if DJI updated the P2. They're probably moving on to the Inspire, but you missed the exciting firmware release (channel 7).

Glad to see you back on the forum. :D

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

Yes, people have bought the new Phantom and have been posting about it. Browse through and you'll find the topics you mentioned.

4. RedRyderMedia

I think that's what he's referring to since that's part of what's included in the newest version of P2V+ DJI is now shipping.

5. Mako79

I have the new p2. I cross-graded due to the camera being so limited.
    Owned for 7 days but still grounded. Waiting for gopro to arrive.
    Just a note, the P2 ver 2 hasn't got the vision+ copper shielding gps upgrade.

I went traditional DJI gear - Avl58 Mini + IOSD and Black Pear 32chl setup. Going to miss the 2 way coms between the phantom and the phone via wifi. $1500 aud (excl gopro). Hopefully the range is better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The FPV hub makes it solder free and a cinch to install.

I hope I don't regret choosing AVL58 over the immersionRC 600.

6. Bayou flyer

I got mine, 2 vision plus new version, about 3 weeks ago. Its my first quad so I have nothing to compare to but i love it. The dial control on the transmitter is great, once calibrated. Feels like its got plenty of power too.

7. Hovtech

OK, I'm a little confused, so I ask your help. The new Phantom is a Phantom 2 with all the new stuff on it. The Vision+ (which I used to own) is how different? Is the new Phantom 2 better than the Vision+ or vice a versa?

8. ElGuano

The new "V3" of the Vision Plus is just like your old one, except it comes with a new transmitter with a gimbal tilt wheel (no more using the app to move the camera up and down), new motors (2312) and new ESCs (9450), which are intended to provide more power and stable flight. I might be missing a new feature or two...

9. Hovtech

Thank you for that. So it is the V3 Vision + that I should buy. Thanks

10. ElGuano

The V3.0 (latest version) definitely has great, substantive improvements. I would want it over my older-version P2V+ :)