Anyone ordered a Replacement P3 Standard Aircraft from DJI (w/o batt, cam and remote)?

Reaction score
To make a long sad story short;

I had - what seemed as a minor - crash after hitting a treebranch. After crash one motor wouldn't spin up, was just stuttering. Opened up the body and switched place on the motors (same rotation direction of course), and still stuttering on the same position menawhile previously stuttering motor now worked perfectly well. So I think it's the main board/ESC that is toasted. Nothing was loose inside the body.

So now I'm thinking of either buying a used P3 Standard and enjoy having double batteries and spareparts if **** happens again - or - ordering a replacement aircraft from DJI, this one: Phantom 3 - Aircraft 5.8G (Sta) | DJI Store

But what I don't see at DJI's site is if the cables for connecting the gimbal & camera is included. I imagine they should be fitted from factory and would come out of the aircraft's body for easy assembly. Like on the same type of replacement kit for P3 Adv/Pro (see attached image). DJI Couldn't answer my question after talking to 6 reps from customer service and tech support.

So, have anyone here ordered the same replacement unit? Was there cables fitted from factory? If not, is it hard to retrofit?

I would save 100-150 EUR on buying just the aircraft replacement instead of buying a used P3 Standard...

Attachments

• cables.png
    cables.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 482
I would think you can buy those cables anywhere that sells assorted cables and plugs. Amazon and eBay probably has them too.

well, there areactually two stand alone versions - one that is shipped with camera, battery and props. And then there is the cheaper one that is aircraft only - no camera, battery, remote or props. And the price differs a lot...

see my link! Change region to EU if you can't see it - it's not available in the US for some strange reasons...

I would think you can buy those cables anywhere that sells assorted cables and plugs. Amazon and eBay probably has them too.

Yeah probably, or I could salvage them from my crashed drone. I just rather not have to pry up a new aircraft starting to fix things inside it...

To make a long sad story short;

I had - what seemed as a minor - crash after hitting a treebranch. After crash one motor wouldn't spin up, was just stuttering. Opened up the body and switched place on the motors (same rotation direction of course), and still stuttering on the same position menawhile previously stuttering motor now worked perfectly well. So I think it's the main board/ESC that is toasted. Nothing was loose inside the body.

So now I'm thinking of either buying a used P3 Standard and enjoy having double batteries and spareparts if **** happens again - or - ordering a replacement aircraft from DJI, this one: Phantom 3 - Aircraft 5.8G (Sta) | DJI Store

But what I don't see at DJI's site is if the cables for connecting the gimbal & camera is included. I imagine they should be fitted from factory and would come out of the aircraft's body for easy assembly. Like on the same type of replacement kit for P3 Adv/Pro (see attached image). DJI Couldn't answer my question after talking to 6 reps from customer service and tech support.

So, have anyone here ordered the same replacement unit? Was there cables fitted from factory? If not, is it hard to retrofit?

I would save 100-150 EUR on buying just the aircraft replacement instead of buying a used P3 Standard...

myself I would never order that item.

I would go for a refurbed unit or even a new one. (refurb as low as $320)

the cost difference is small and you end up with a spare battery that way.

good luck and have funflying

myself I would never order that item.

I would go for a refurbed unit or even a new one. (refurb as low as $320)

the cost difference is small and you end up with a spare battery that way.

good luck and have funflying
Refurb Phantoms are not available worldwide, the Dji store is country specific, so clicking the link in the op for me takes me to the uk store.

Refurb Phantoms are not available worldwide, the Dji store is country specific, so clicking the link in the op for me takes me to the uk store.
yeah @kirk2579 as CrispyClaret said - they're not available in my country (or region). And the price for a used one off "craigslist" or something similar here is way to expensive, ppl are trying to get almost full price for them...

yeah @kirk2579 as CrispyClaret said - they're not available in my country (or region). And the price for a used one off "craigslist" or something similar here is way to expensive, ppl are trying to get almost full price for them...

it easy to forget or not realize that many folks and places are not as fortunate as we are in the ability to buy and order almost anything worldwide for amazing pricing and selection.

we may ***** and moan and complain of politics and all that fun stuff here ,
but it truly is a blessing to have the open markets and choices we are offered here in the US.

It is hard to imagine why at this point in time the markets need to be so segregated....

good luck and have fun flying!

Received the replacement aircraft - the cables were indeed there!

A swift transfer of camera from the crashed P3S to the new replacement, upgrading FW and relinking remote controller - and the first test flight (night flight) and photoshoot of our house was done within less than an hour!

20170117_195913.jpg
org_5545a93b02f244c8_1484687244000-01.jpeg

Reactions: tyeb54 and BillW50

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen