Anyone order a gimbal guard kit from China (eBay)?

Reaction score
Looking at getting one of these:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452373553.924462.jpg

Both the gimbal guard and also the tray for the legs.

There seems to be many eBayers (based in China) selling them. Anyone ordered (and actually received) one of these kits? If so, where from?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bought an aluminum ribbon saver and a camera guard but on Amazon. The ribbon guard looks the same and I wanted a cam guard with some strength to it so I went with a 3D printed style.

I have these from the bay of fleas.

The gimbal guard is OK. A plus is that it makes the whole leg assembly more rigid when you hand catch.

The cable saver needed some finishing.......the screw holes in the right angled bracket were poorly threaded and need re-tapping (1.5mm). Once assembled, the clearance between the nylon pad and the gimbal was too large for the saver to have much chance of being effective. I fitted a thicker pad to reduce the clearance.

I ordered one for my p3 just to compare against my killer RC one on my p2v+ .. Not here yet though

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have it. Not this one, the one I have has more teeth.

I have the gf plate, cost a couple of bucks and obviously will protect gimbal from a knock both landing on rough ground and general handling in and out of case etc where gimbal is very exposed.

The backplate restrictor I am really not convinced will do anything as in a big enough impact to break the shaft I can't see this doing anything more than catching the wreckage - very little chance that helps me if it's within a few feet of crashed p3 anyway.

I have both from eBay. Good quality and do the job. Be careful though. Lots of similar choices on eBay, not all alike. My carbon fibre landing gear gimbal guard purchase has P3 cut outs.

My alloy gimbal protector purchase did line up perfectly.

I bought the alloy gimbal protector ..ribbon saver part from aliexpress, arrived after just a few days and fitted perfect, was surprised how it looks like an original part of the phantom,

Also ordered the petal shaped camera hood and carbon fiber gimbal gaurd from another seller, camera hood took over 10 days to arrive and i got a notification the CF gaurd was being posted and i,m still waiting over a month.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj