Anyone lost a P4 near Dural NSW Australia

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just posting this incase anyone lost a P4 near Dural / Glenorie in Sydney, Australia.

This ad looks like someone trying to sell one thats been lost in flight.

Please view this ad:

DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter,
DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter | Miscellaneous Goods | Gumtree Australia The Hills District - Glenorie | 1132659848

Price: $800

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ebay.gumtree.au

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well spotted, that looks like a dog act. The only way out of it is to engrave your details within reason to make it impossible to reasonably dispose of property. Hope no one takes the bait, it's obvious it has damage and the right questions are asked. Gumtree in all its glory.

If the seller doesn't have the batt why is there one in the pic.... ?

With all the smarts in the software and DJI's retail deal with Apple you would think find my drone type functionality could be easily implemented. Motors won't start unless owner unlocks. Simple. And if it's turned on owner gets last GPS location on app.

Reactions: Neon Euc

With all the smarts in the software and DJI's retail deal with Apple you would think find my drone type functionality could be easily implemented. Motors won't start unless owner unlocks. Simple. And if it's turned on owner gets last GPS location on app.

He doesn't have the remote and probably the charger etc. Unfortunately these types are amongst us. Might be time to implement a type of credit card cancellation technology to disable the aircraft when it is lost.

He doesn't have the remote and probably the charger etc. Unfortunately these types are amongst us. Might be time to implement a type of credit card cancellation technology to disable the aircraft when it is lost.
I was suggesting, and I'm sure I wasn't the first, a feature similar to the Apple security lock and functionality in the app to enable/doable and track the device.

He doesn't say anything about not having a battery in the ad.

The ad on Scumtree has been removed.

Last edited:
The guy selling it is well within his rights if hes in posession.
But what irritates me is the little sales pitch in the description is so wrong.
Its clearly damaged, scuffed body and broken props.
2nd shot shows some type of leds they were clipped onto the legs.
The reason its cheap is not as Tony mentioned.

My intention was to hopefully attract the attention of the original owner.

Tony's number is 0412747371 incase ad goes down and owner sees it later.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Some people really amaze me at how how greedy they can be.

1484900709141.jpg
1484900719488.jpg
1484900737879.jpg

I reckon all of us Aussies should spam Tonies SMS over the next few days with silly questions☺

I can do tomorrow AM

Another idea,
I am half an hour away from this guy.... If I could inspect the unit and get a photo of the serial number could DJI or some other entity link those numbers to the owner?

Another idea,
I am half an hour away from this guy.... If I could inspect the unit and get a photo of the serial number could DJI or some other entity link those numbers to the owner?

That would be a great idea. I doubt he's likely to suss it. Or contact him telling him you need to the serial number to ensure you order a compatible controller. Maybe he'll send a pic of it to you.

Reactions: Rob in Sydney.
Happy to make contact with Tones...but will the numbers I get lead to the rightful owner getting their machine back?

I am loving this stealth stuff, hopefully our mate Tony is not across this forum. Cannot believe this bloke hasn't tried to locate the owner, it obviously came from his area (maybe not) and a couple of posters in Woolies or Coles would have been of some use. It didn't fly in from Sydney, otherwise Rob would be kicking his door in. As for the numbers, I'm sure some place like Riseabove in Sydney with their DJI contacts can do something.

I highly doubt he's into the forum and you know what so what if he is.
We've all either lost or crashed one of our toys at some stage and can feel for the owner.
Considering it looks like it's got aftermarket LEDs attached to it I'd assume the owner is some sort of enthusiast and will hopefully find out.

Well I would love to see a happy reunion if that pans out. You're right, like many others here, I have pumped a lot of time and pretty good money into supporting my drone habit. Worked hard for it and would hate to think my drone was sitting in someone's house trying to get home. Sounds ridiculous and I guess possession is nine tenths of the law but the thought of some one capitalising on my misery takes my patience to another level.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj