Anyone lose a drone in south east London xmas day?

They are shut for the weekend so I sent them an Email explaining the situation with the screenshots so it's up to them now I guess [emoji4]
1486816955628.png

Neon Euc

Can any confirm, that DJI does anything?

Rod

I got to be honest... This drone will be sold way before DJI does anything. I done all I could my side. Shame that the owner didn't actually join this group

Neon Euc

Decided to add on the site it's stolen and DJI has blocked the firmware so it won't link with any controller. Bull **** I know... But why should some scum bag make money from a childs xmas prezzie he lost on xmas day when he should have turned it over to the police

Neon Euc

Reactions: Rob in Sydney.
DJI contacted me. Let's hope that they will track the rightful owner Down [emoji4]
1486854782363.png

Neon Euc

That is gold! The guy will probably start thinking the federales are after him and throw the drone out. Time for a black ops mission methinks.

Reactions: Neon Euc
How far from you is this clown Neon? You could have organised a recovery mission. Get him to meet you somewhere.
He's about 45 mins away. Unfortunately I have the P3A otherwise I would get the local police officer, let him go with me to meet the seller, then pair the controller up, say it's mine, take it home then carry on finding the real owner [emoji4]

Neon Euc

That is gold! The guy will probably start thinking the federales are after him and throw the drone out. Time for a black ops mission methinks.
Thinking I should meet him, when I see him at a distance, get my drone with a fishing line to hook the stolen phantom and carry it away on the rescue mission black op style [emoji12]

Neon Euc

He's about 45 mins away. Unfortunately I have the P3A otherwise I would get the local police officer, let him go with me to meet the seller, then pair the controller up, say it's mine, take it home then carry on finding the real owner [emoji4]

Neon Euc
I think the only saving grace for this whole episode is for dji to contact the registered owner and have him front up. As much as I want to see this jerk caught out, it could end up with either or both of you providing proof of ownership, or confronting some dude who is using ice and is ten foot high and bullet proof. You have done a lot of footwork to close this out, maybe divine intervention will come to the rescue and put a smile on everyone's face.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I think the only saving grace for this whole episode is for dji to contact the registered owner and have him front up. As much as I want to see this jerk caught out, it could end up with either or both of you providing proof of ownership, or confronting some dude who is using ice and is ten foot high and bullet proof. You have done a lot of footwork to close this out, maybe divine intervention will come to the rescue and put a smile on everyone's face.
I know your 100% right. Not a lot more I can do, just hope it gets back to it's rightful owner

Neon Euc

Wow, I'm really surprised that DJI is helping that much.

They can't load the firmware into the Phantom and tell it is linked to a remote and mobile device with internet.

So if somebody links the remote to the Phantom, they can just fly it, I guess it would then fail after they try to register it to use with there mobile device?

Rod

Wow, I'm really surprised that DJI is helping that much.

They can't load the firmware into the Phantom and tell it is linked to a remote and mobile device with internet.

So if somebody links the remote to the Phantom, they can just fly it, I guess it would then fail after they try to register it to use with there mobile device?

Rod
Pretty sure that once the drone in this case, has already been registered, as long as you link your controller through your app, you can fly it. I sold my old PS3 with a spare controller to a bloke who once he had downloaded the app, off he went. The only thing is that the registration in the app is under my name and has all my flight stuff on it, but he couldn't care less.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl