Anyone know yellow led on TX means?

Reaction score
Went to get ready to go out to fly today and before I did I wanted to hook up to the naza soft ware to check some things first and when I switched on my transmitter I could not get the s2 switch to show it going in to fail safe mode. I checked my switch and its working I even checked the wire going to the switch to make sure there were no breaks in the wire going to the board in side the transmitter and now when ever I turn the transmitter on i get my 2 beeps like I should and the led on the tx turns green for about a second and then it flashes yellow then turns solid yellow. What the frig does that mean? every thing seems to work except for fail safe bottom postion of the S2 switch shows it in atti mode.

On transmitter? Might have to calibrate transmitter?someone else with more knowledge then me might be able to add to this.

That happened to me because somehow I had changed the mode of the transmitter took transmitter apart and plugged into the mini us band switched it back. Had to download software to do this from DJI site. That fixed it.

Spent hours now trying to figure this out. Calibrating the etc hasn't fixed any thing tried redoing the firmware on the tc and the phantom as well as the default parameters. Even replace the switch again just to be able to rule the switch out. Even ran the wires again and checked them at the tiny plug that goes in to the control board. and even tried setting it in the naza so that the bottom s21 position would be manual and still hasnt fixed the issue of the switch not switching any thing in the bottom position.

I even tried to swap the boards out of some one elses tx just to see if the problem was the board. And even that board tho it did get rid of the yellow light and it was green as normal STILL isnt letting the s2 switch me changed for any thing.

That happened to me because somehow I had changed the mode of the transmitter took transmitter apart and plugged into the mini us band switched it back. Had to download software to do this from DJI site. That fixed it.

tried that to a few times to using the usb cable hooked up inside the tx and the rc assistant soft ware. Even tried to switch it back to CE then back to fcc but that didn't fix the yellow light either or the bottom position of the switch being able to do any thing.

This is just to weird. replaced every part in the transmitter from the switches right on threw to the antenna and still nothing for the button S1 switch position shown in the naza sot ware or on the phantoms Led.

I swapped the main board. the switchs and even the antenna and even the radio part that plugs in to the board that the antenna plugs in to and checked that there are no breaks in the wire and that the mini plugs with the wires for the switches are making contact in every pin to the main board. This defies all logic and all of my diagnostic skills. Only thing I didn't swap out were the control sticks and the plastic case. and yet all the parts I took out if put back in the on other case work except for having the yellow led instead of green. Even tried binding the tx to another phantom and it dont do jack on the S1 switch even if I flip the wires around so that fail safe is the top switch postion I cant get it to go in fail safe or set it to be manual. Ugh!!!!!

Saw somewhere that you might want to try binding it again.It might not be recognizing each other?

In Naza software with Tx and Phantom connected what are the numbers showing for the S1 switch ??
Should be -1000 , 0 , +1000 .. If yours are all the same then that could be the problem as the switch is not being recognized ..
Just a random thought ...
Mandrake

In the naza soft ware when i put the swich Im getting -1000 in gps center position atti. mode I get 0 and bottom position I'm also getting 0 and it stays in atti when the switch is in the center or bottom position ware fail safe should be.

More weird observations also is that when I trace the wires to the switch from the plug that has the wires to both the S! and S2 switchs even if I test with one lead on my multi meter. right on the solder connection on the board and the other lead on the terminals of the switch I have a connection threw each wire and the checked the swich a dozen or more times If i test on each spot were the wires go in to the board its making the proper loop out one wire threw the switch and back threw the other wires and threw the plug like it should. But not changing any thing. for the one position. BUT if I take the plug off and use a screw drier to juper the two pins on the board that control the fail safe I can see it switch to fail safe in naza and all the other pins work when I directly jumper what ever set that are meant to put in in each of its modes. jumper them and they go back to atti. mode. Thats really got me stumped how the switch wont do it threw the wires and plug yet will if I jump them directly with the screw driver.

I was tho able to get the led to go back to green when I did one more attempt at calibrating the transmitter when I did it with it hooked up the usb and using the rc assistant soft ware to to it. then it beeped and the light went green and is staying green now So atleast that is solved.

only thing I could find in the manual that said any thing about the yellow led was flashing yellow meant low battery.

But after I calibrated the sticks in the rc assistant with the TX plugged in to the usb it went back to the normal green then just to confirm that the yellow did indeed mean the tx was out of calibration I did a test by calibration it wrong by holding one of the sticks to the side and clicking the button to tell it it was at center and it beeped a few times and popped up a window telling me it was not in calibration and the led went back to solid yellow. Recalibrated it right and it went back to green. So steady yellow definitely means TX is not calibrated.

But I just found out why I could not get the bottom position to to any thing at all and BOY DO I FEEL LIKE A ******* and made a total armature mistake that I should not of made and feel stupid I did not catch it sooner with all the diagnostics I did yesterday.

Some how the other day when I replaced the S1 switch I got the brown and the off brown wires switched around. one is the positive wires for both the top and bottom switch positions and then when what ever position the switch is in feeds the voltage either of the other 2 wires that tell it to be in gps or fail safe. So by getting positive wire on the outer leg and the gps wire on the center leg it was only letting the switch send power to the gps mode connection when in that on position and the other on position would not cause it cant make a connection between the 2 outer legs of the switch.

I feel so stupid I think I'll leave this post up for a bit some others can get a good laugh then delete it later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers