Anyone know where else I can get this cable?

Why somewhere else?

There's a bunch of antenna options you can go with, it'll largely depend your budget and how important extreme range is to you, vs just long or average. Tons of feedback on that in the FPV section here: viewforum.php?f=31

What controller are you using? If it's just the stock Phantom controller then I highly recommend this mount for your monitor: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6239 (he also has similar ones for the Taranis controller and several popular Futaba models).

ddublu said:
OI Photography said:
This is the original source I saw for them, they ship from California: http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter

Sweet...done! Last thing I need is suggestions for best anntenas to mount on top of the Black Pearl monitor as well as an actual mount for the BP to the controller...suggestions?

Sounds like you are going down the same road I (and many of the rest of us) went down not too long ago. What is best is probably debatable, but according to all the posts I have read, some components play more nicely together than others. I wanted to use an immersion RC 600mw VTX to save a few grams of weight over the AVL58 but from what I have read, it meant that I would have to use the 7ch version of the Black Pearl instead of the 32 (assuming you wanted to use a black pearl over the other options).

So getting back to providing a possible answer to your question, in my case with the Immersion RC 600mw VTX, I would have to order the 7ch black pearl which uses the SMA antennas versus the RP-SMA antennas used on the 32 channel. Based of what I read and watched on the inter webs I ended up going with an IBCrazy blue beam ultra set (one antenna goes on the VTX and the other on of the black pearl inputs. As well as a 10dbi cross hair antenna for the other input on the black pearl.

At the end of the day, this setup should give me a good distance for flying outside of line of sight as well as for flying around in my neighborhood. What antennas are "best" for you will depend on what you want to achieve with with phantom, i.e long distance flying, aerial video, etc.)

In regards to the controller mount, I have a taranis and ordered a mount from rave creative. However, the mount was shipped about a week ago and is coming from the UK into the states, so still waiting. In the mean time, I have my black pearl on a spare video tripod. Hope this helps...

Malolo

Malolo said:
ddublu said:
OI Photography said:
This is the original source I saw for them, they ship from California: http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter

Sweet...done! Last thing I need is suggestions for best anntenas to mount on top of the Black Pearl monitor as well as an actual mount for the BP to the controller...suggestions?

Sounds like you are going down the same road I (and many of the rest of us) went down not too long ago. What is best is probably debatable, but according to all the posts I have read, some components play more nicely together than others. I wanted to use an immersion RC 600mw VTX to save a few grams of weight over the AVL58 but from what I have read, it meant that I would have to use the 7ch version of the Black Pearl instead of the 32 (assuming you wanted to use a black pearl over the other options).

So getting back to providing a possible answer to your question, in my case with the Immersion RC 600mw VTX, I would have to order the 7ch black pearl which uses the SMA antennas versus the RP-SMA antennas used on the 32 channel. Based of what I read and watched on the inter webs I ended up going with an IBCrazy blue beam ultra set (one antenna goes on the VTX and the other on of the black pearl inputs. As well as a 10dbi cross hair antenna for the other input on the black pearl.

At the end of the day, this setup should give me a good distance for flying outside of line of sight as well as for flying around in my neighborhood. What antennas are "best" for you will depend on what you want to achieve with with phantom, i.e long distance flying, aerial video, etc.)

In regards to the controller mount, I have a taranis and ordered a mount from rave creative. However, the mount was shipped about a week ago and is coming from the UK into the states, so still waiting. In the mean time, I have my black pearl on a spare video tripod. Hope this helps...

Malolo

Wait...there are multiple versions of the BP monitor?

Wait...there are multiple versions of the BP monitor?

Yup. There is the 32 channel RP-SMA version as well as a 7 channel SMA version. Supposedly the 7 channel SMA version is proven to work better with the immersion rc 600mw VTX and not so well with the 32 channel version. So if you plan on using the IRC VTX, I would suggest getting the 7 channel version BP. But whatever version you decide to go with, make sure you order the corresponding antennas as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20