Anyone interested in guide to setup Futaba 14SG

Reaction score
I just completed setting up my Futaba 14SG tx (with RS7008SB receiver) with my Phantom. I scavenged a few resources online but came out with a specific setup for the Phantom (Naza + H3-2D)

I could write a step by step guide if some people are interested. Basically what I have done :
-Basic working 4 control axis (Aileron, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle)
-Dual Rate switch to slow down one or more control axis for smoother control when filming
-Off - Course Lock - Home Lock switch working on any 3 position switch
-GPS Atti - Atti - Manual switch on any 3 position switch
-Failsafe Override Switch (forces Failsafe regardless of the position of the flight mode switch) using control mixing
-Failsafe configuration for loss of TX contact (activates NAZA Failsafe when loosing contact)
-Gimbal control (H3-2D) on any analog input (I chose the left volume button on front)
-Remote Telemetry Alarms (RX Voltage and Battery Voltage Alert)
-Auto Timer when taking off and shutting down motor. Configurable switch to reset
-Telemetry saving to SD Card configurable switch to turn off and on

So, any interest? I don't want to waste 3hours to do something no one is interested in. It was pretty straight forward for me since I'm used to Futaba controllers but I guess if it helps someone, that'll be nice

Edit : Posted here : http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/howto-install-a-futaba-14sg-tx-on-your-phantom.3931/#post-64425

Last edited:
I'm planning on using a 14SG when I step up to an S800 in a couple of months, and I would definitely like an intro guide that includes all those things you listed. I'm sure there's also a number of other forums that would find that very valuable.

If it is not any different from t8fg which I have ordered mine and it is on its way ,I would be very greatfull if you do that.

Sendt fra min HTC One med Tapatalk

mfbs17 said:
If it is not any different from t8fg

I'm not sure but I suppose it will be similar to a 8FG.

Ok, seems there is interest. I'll probably start on the weekend. It will be multi-part... Installation of the receiver, change of mode, etc. Then after that, configuration of the NAZA Software... then the controller itself.

I flew my phantom for the first time yesterday with my Futaba and it was a bit sensitive on the throttle to attain hover (left stick does not returns to center). I'll fine tune my settings and let you know.

i want to get the 8fg super for my phantom, is it the same setting as you? did you config the control of pitch and roll gain on your system ?

thank you

llavalle said:
I just completed setting up my Futaba 14SG tx (with RS7008SB receiver) with my Phantom. I scavenged a few resources online but came out with a specific setup for the Phantom (Naza + H3-2D)

I could write a step by step guide if some people are interested. Basically what I have done :
-Dual Rate switch to slow down one or more control axis for smoother control when filming
-Failsafe Override Switch (forces Failsafe regardless of the position of the flight mode switch) using control mixing
-Failsafe configuration for loss of TX contact (activates NAZA Failsafe when loosing contact)
-Gimbal control (H3-2D) on any analog input (I chose the left volume button on front)
-Auto Timer when taking off and shutting down motor. Configurable switch to reset

So, any interest? I don't want to waste 3hours to do something no one is interested in. It was pretty straight forward for me since I'm used to Futaba controllers but I guess if it helps someone, that'll be nice

Did you do this - would really like some help on this...??

Thanks

Matt

Please add me to the list of someone interested in seeing the steps you followed.

I'm going to try and do something similar and would be grateful for your help.

This thread is over a year old??

Hopefully this setup can also be performed on a Phantom V1.1.1 correct?

Anything that your aware of, that would be different?

Not off the top of my head. Try it. Use the Assistant software to calibrate and confirm controls.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic