Anyone installed the v1.04 update to iOSD Mini?

Reaction score
DJI announced v1.04 firmware for the iOSD Mini but the assistant software is still saying that V1.02 is the latest. Anyone seeing this?

I was hoping it would perhaps blink the battery icon when the low voltage levels are triggered.

Hadnt noticed that will try next time I open my Phantom up as I dont have access to the mini iOSD otherwise.

OK Well I just opened up my Phantom connected it up and in the DJI IOSD assistant it says 1.02 is the latest version? On the DJI website it does have a note for 1.04 but I cant install it. I did do a firmware upgrade to see if it would install 1.04 but it stayed on 1.02

Just reconnected the assistant last night and it found the 1.04 update.

Happy to report that in addition to the new azimuth display, the battery icon now blinks as advertised when the voltage thresholds are hit.

Sounds good, its just quite a pain to open it up again and frustrating that I couodnt update last time I had it open.

I know. It's a real pain to open.

I tried installing a tiny micro USB hub in it once to I wouldn't have to open it every time. But it turns out that you can't have the NAZA, iOSD, GCU connected to the same computer at the same time. They (DJI) won't explain why.

I just updated my iOSD mini to firmware v1.04 and all works with my Phantom + H3-2D + Hero 3 and FatShark FPV system but now when panning / yaw phantom left/right the display now judders which under v1.02 it didn't happen and video was smooth, any body else with the same problem?

Also I still have a problem from iOSD Mini v1.02 in that the battery level doesn't blink as per the manual when the battery voltage goes to 1st or 2nd NAZA voltage warning settings, anybody have that problem too? CORECTION I JUST CHECKED AND NOW THIS BATTERY LEVEL BLINKING PROBLEM IS NOW FIXED :D BUT THE ABOVE JUDDERING VIDEO ISSUE IS STILL VISIBLE. I AM GUESSING THE UPDATE CAUSES THE IOSD MINI NOT TO BE ABLE KEEP UP WITH THE VIDEO REFRESHING MOTION AFTER THE UPDATE.

Regards Gary

GaryTapp said:
I just updated my iOSD mini to firmware v1.04 and all works with my Phantom + H3-2D + Hero 3 and FatShark FPV system but now when panning / yaw phantom left/right the display now judders which under v1.02 it didn't happen and video was smooth, any body else with the same problem?

Also I still have a problem from iOSD Mini v1.02 in that the battery level doesn't blink as per the manual when the battery voltage goes to 1st or 2nd NAZA voltage warning settings, anybody have that problem too? CORECTION I JUST CHECKED AND NOW THIS BATTERY LEVEL BLINKING PROBLEM IS NOW FIXED :D BUT THE ABOVE JUDDERING VIDEO ISSUE IS STILL VISIBLE. I AM GUESSING THE UPDATE CAUSES THE IOSD MINI NOT TO BE ABLE KEEP UP WITH THE VIDEO REFRESHING MOTION AFTER THE UPDATE.

Regards Gary

Can you post a video of the issue? - Is it JUST the display that is juddering or the whole frame?
What frame rate are you pushing through the IOSD mini? Have you tried different rates? 50fps v 60fps for example? Is the problem still evident on 25fps or 30fps?

I'm using P2, Zenmuse, Hero3Black, AVL58 VTx and Rx. I updated my iOSD mini to 1.04 last week and I personally haven't had any issues. It shows battery % and flashes the battery symbol when I get to my first low voltage threshold, which is set to the default of 20% IIRC (I haven't paid close attention, because I usually monitor % directly).

From the iOSD mini use manual V1.04:
"Real time battery voltage of the aircraft power, unit in V. (For PHANTOM 2 there will be current battery level percentage shown in addition.) Blink: first level low-voltage alert, the alert threshold is same to the protection voltage value set in the assistant software."

In the iOSD assistant it allows you to modify the iOSD display positions, left to right on each side of the frame. I would like to see them provide more adjustability (like up and down) so that I could move the OSD parameters more. Right now they overlay on top of the Hero OSD parameters (i'm using the Hero for my FPV feed).

The battery warning thresholds are set in the Phantom 2 Assistant software.

Hi Editor,

I will try different GoPro video settings later this evening and report back but I would have thought the composite output from the Hero 3 would not change depending on the record settings but I will give it a try and report back. The juddering only occurs to the background video the OSD overlay info doesn't judder. The faster the movement left/right up/down etc the camera the worst the juddering is apparent.

I agree with pitstop that the iOSD info positioning setting should be more flexible so that the iOSD info can be move away from the underlying Hero 3 OSD display info.

PROBLEM SOLVED. Yes you was correct :) I dropped the video settings on the GrPro down to 1080 and all was smooth again. Anything 2.7k or 4k video gives you juddering movement so it's clearly what comes out the back of the GoPro that's juddering. Not sure if that's the same for USB composite video out as the video I'm seeing/using is via the rear port into the H3-2D. 1440p looks ok too and different frame rates or protune on or off makes no difference it's just 2.7K or higher that gives the juddering video refresh.

Just need DJI to give us another update so we can position the iOSD icons around the GoPro OSD ones! Oh and GPS coords too and it will be perfect.

P.s is the new Azimuth value relative to North or the course lock direction?

Have a great Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Gary

GaryTapp said:
I agree with pitstop that the iOSD info positioning setting should be more flexible so that the iOSD info can be move away from the underlying Hero 3 OSD display info.

Same here, it goes without saying that a majority of people are using iOSD with GoPro's.. so why on earth did they make it cover up the GoPro OSD info!@#

djp4059 said:
Just turn off the GoPro OSD info on your camera, you don't really need them anyway.

At least I can tell I started the recording....I have forgotten a couple of times :(

Not done the upgrade yet will try in next few days but I tend to use the clock on the gopro for flying time.

I just did this upgrade, and what a huge mistake!!! I have a Phantom 1.x...GCU/PMU, version 1.6, Naza-m Version 4.02, and have the Zenmous gimbal with go pro 3.
Before I did this firmware upgrade(which requires me to take out about 24 screws to access the mini's usb port), I had distance reading, and an arrow with degree's relative to the direction from home point.

Now, after upgrading to firmware 1.40, my distance reads nothing!!! No 0, nothing!! Same with Az..I have that symbol on my screen, but it has no reading either. This, after pulling my phantom apart a 2nd time, re-checking all wires/plugs, and re-flashing the firmware, to make sure it was 1.40, and that I didn't miss anything in the software.
Also checked Naza assistant.....

I'm so frustrated right now!! I really need the Distance the heading back to home point!!! And, I have no readings for those. Does anyone have firmware 1.20, or know how I can revert back to that firmware??
I've e-mailed DJI, but probably won't hear from anyone for months......

My advise to those thinking of upgrading ANY firmware on anything on your Phantom is-don't do it!!
Big mistake upgrading the Zenmous firmware too(1.60). Now, it's way too sensitive on tilting, and jerks to a stop. And, there is no way to make this setting "smoother"(believe me-I've been on the phone with the techs-and this is just the way it is now)...stay away from that upgrade too!!!

I really need to get this thing fixed!!! Without having to spend another $70 to get an iOSD that works!!!

I still have height information, pitch/roll, artificial horizon, battery indicator(don't know if it blinks when flow yet), but D shows nothing and Az shows nothing....and, if you turn 180 degree's from your home point and fly away-there is no diamond anywhere. You have to sit and spin to find your home point now.....good luck with that.

Best advise is to wait at least 1 month after firmware is release-and read the forums for any problems. And, if it ain't broke-don't fix it!!! I didn't need a flashing battery warning or Azimuth-but decided to "give it a try". What a huge mistake-I hope someone can help me.

djp4059 said:
Just turn off the GoPro OSD info on your camera, you don't really need them anyway.

Yes I know you can turn off the GoPro's OSD but its very useful to see via the FPV if the camera is recording and the timer is very useful, and also what record mode its in. So it would be just great if in the next firmware update they could allow re-positioning of the iOSD icons to neatly fit in-between the GoPro's ones :)

havasuphoto said:
I just did this upgrade, and what a huge mistake!!! I have a Phantom 1.x...GCU/PMU, version 1.6, Naza-m Version 4.02, and have the Zenmous gimbal with go pro 3.
Before I did this firmware upgrade(which requires me to take out about 24 screws to access the mini's usb port), I had distance reading, and an arrow with degree's relative to the direction from home point.

Now, after upgrading to firmware 1.40, my distance reads nothing!!! No 0, nothing!! Same with Az..I have that symbol on my screen, but it has no reading either. This, after pulling my phantom apart a 2nd time, re-checking all wires/plugs, and re-flashing the firmware, to make sure it was 1.40, and that I didn't miss anything in the software.
Also checked Naza assistant.....

I'm so frustrated right now!! I really need the Distance the heading back to home point!!! And, I have no readings for those. Does anyone have firmware 1.20, or know how I can revert back to that firmware??
I've e-mailed DJI, but probably won't hear from anyone for months......

My advise to those thinking of upgrading ANY firmware on anything on your Phantom is-don't do it!!
Big mistake upgrading the Zenmous firmware too(1.60). Now, it's way too sensitive on tilting, and jerks to a stop. And, there is no way to make this setting "smoother"(believe me-I've been on the phone with the techs-and this is just the way it is now)...stay away from that upgrade too!!!

I really need to get this thing fixed!!! Without having to spend another $70 to get an iOSD that works!!!

I still have height information, pitch/roll, artificial horizon, battery indicator(don't know if it blinks when flow yet), but D shows nothing and Az shows nothing....and, if you turn 180 degree's from your home point and fly away-there is no diamond anywhere. You have to sit and spin to find your home point now.....good luck with that.

Best advise is to wait at least 1 month after firmware is release-and read the forums for any problems. And, if it ain't broke-don't fix it!!! I didn't need a flashing battery warning or Azimuth-but decided to "give it a try". What a huge mistake-I hope someone can help me.

Disregard above-it works!!! I guess I actually had to fly the thing to get everything working-go figure.
However-I'm not getting any low battery warnings. I can see the red light flash on the back of the Phantom, but nothing in the OSD is flashing......bummer. But, everything else works fine.

I have an early version Phantom and am using it with a go pro and fatshark attitude sd....couple of questions...

1) Do you have to purchase a PMU also to get the iosd to work?
2) Is there any way to record the flight data to the go pro itself? My assumption is no since it is simply an overlay to the go pro feed.
3) I am considering getting a monitor to use instead of the goggles. Any recommendations to use with my current equipment?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj