Anyone in Wisconsin?

Anyone flying the locks and river in Appleton? Is it drone friendly there? Grew up in Appleton and will bring my P3S with me to OSH17 to get some video of my favorite spots if I can

If it is the area I am thinking there are a lot of overhead wires.

My P4P went down in Lake Noquebay in Crivitz over the 4th. No, a firework didn't hit it. Absolutely a DJI malfunction based on all the logs. Sucks. Already bought another one though while they take their sweet time going over my case!

Had a great time flying up in Wisconsin over the 4th right up to the point where I killed my P3 by flying it into a bridge over the Fox River in Appleton. Solid pilot error. I "thought" I was past the end of the bridge flying visually.

Dropbox - File Jul 06, 9 46 31 PM.mov

Wondering if a Mav with collision avoidance would have stopped in time to prevent the crash? Now trying to decide replace the 3S or go to the Mavic with OA????

Had a great time flying up in Wisconsin over the 4th right up to the point where I killed my P3 by flying it into a bridge over the Fox River in Appleton. Solid pilot error. I "thought" I was past the end of the bridge flying visually.

Wondering if a Mav with collision avoidance would have stopped in time to prevent the crash? Now trying to decide replace the 3S or go to the Mavic with OA????

Aaaaaand it's gone. Sorry man, bummer. At least you have some closure as to the cause of the crash, mine dropped out of the sky like a dead bird and fell 200+ feet into a lake. P4P has collision avoidance sensors as well, though I never really worked up the courage to test it out before mine crashed.

Hi guys looks like several of us in Appleton...maybe meet for some wings or something and chat about our Phantoms?? Looks like it is going to be lousy weather the next couple of days anyway. Let me know!

Paul
Hi Paul, Ran across your old thread. Is there a drone group in the Appleton area?

Sorry for your loss. Gotta sting. The swing bridges here in Milwaukee have long lured me to them for some photos. The video just made me cringe.

Now that we are in the dog days of summer and most of the holidays are out of the way, any get-togethers in the works?

Sorry for your loss. Gotta sting. The swing bridges here in Milwaukee have long lured me to them for some photos. The video just made me cringe.

Now that we are in the dog days of summer and most of the holidays are out of the way, any get-togethers in the works?
How far away (from you) was the 'copter? Is there a delay when watching on your iPad or whatever you use?

I'm in the Spring Green area. Not next door, but not terribly far, either. I'm around mainly on weekends. Of course, flying weather may be getting a bit limited.

You're in a nice area. I always wanted to fly around the water tower in Coloma. It's an old one and might be worth getting some shots of it before they decide to replace it.

But east of Coloma, places like Redgranite, Mt. Morris, etc., are beautiful in summer and great for video. Lots of open fields with tons of flowers and landscape in general.

What model do you have?

West Bend here. Have a P3A that I could use some diagnostic help with, so mainly fly my Mavic pro or sometimes my Autel Robotics. But don’t know of anyone in my area, friends or pilots.

West Bend here. Have a P3A that I could use some diagnostic help with, so mainly fly my Mavic pro or sometimes my Autel Robotics. But don’t know of anyone in my area, friends or pilots.
I'm in Hartford. Hoo hah! P3A

Hour north of appleton just outside of Suring
HEy, I had a program from the Gillett Harvest Festival from August of 1916. The did a balloon flight as one of the attractions, so on the 100th anniversary in 2016, at the exact same time, I went to the park and "re-enacted" the flight with my P3. Nothing to get too excited about, but here it is: YouTube

Reactions: Cyngen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl