Anyone in the St. Louis, MO/Metro East, IL area

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to RC anything and I just got my first Phantom 2 Vision +. I am planning on flying around the SIUE campus.

Howdy,

I'm located near OFallon Mo. New to RC Quads and have a P2. Pls send PM if you want to get together to trade notes.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Banshee

I'm out by Six Flags in Eureka.

Just got my P3 Advanced

Hoping to fly soon.

I'll be visiting my home town of St. Louis over the 4th. Plan to fly and get aerials of the Arch from the East side. Checked with the VP parade and they will be at forest park for fireworks, nothing at the arch [emoji35][emoji35]
Was hoping to get great aerials with fireworks!

I'll be visiting my home town of St. Louis over the 4th. Plan to fly and get aerials of the Arch from the East side. Checked with the VP parade and they will be at forest park for fireworks, nothing at the arch [emoji35][emoji35]
Was hoping to get great aerials with fireworks!
That would be awesome-- firework aerials! Do you know if there are any rules for flying around the arch? I was thinking about lifting up across the water and getting a shot from there to be safe from any unknown laws/rules.

I'm not aware of any, but plan to check drone-laws.com just prior to going to get the latest for MO and IL. I plan to go up from IL riverfront side where no one generally is at. Want both daytime and nighttime shots with me P3P!

Reactions: JoshWMS
I'm in Gillespie, IL. It's between St.louis and Springfield, Illinois if anyone is in that area.
I'll be getting shots of the arch and downtime skyline end of next week. Plan to take off from your side of the river [emoji6]

I'll be getting shots of the arch and downtime skyline end of next week. Plan to take off from your side of the river [emoji6]

Sounds cool, make sure you post some of them for us.
I'm from Springfield, IL. I hope to get some shots of the fireworks over the capital this year with my P3P

That sounds like fun guy's. I would love to get mine out for the first time but between work and rain had not had any luck.

Would be a good time to get some aerials of all the flooding in the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436034716.683765.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436034730.479865.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436034756.983789.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436034775.269309.jpg

2nd2non,
Those shots are epic-awesome! I live in Belleville.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you really sure you want to have publicly posted the shots over the Arch and Stadium? I LOVE the shots you took, I just don't want to see any of the members getting in trouble. ;)
That being said, I'd say your the ONLY one in the world with a shot like that over the Arch!
BOT

2nd2non,
Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you really sure you want to have publicly posted the shots over the Arch and Stadium? I LOVE the shots you took, I just don't want to see any of the members getting in trouble. ;)
That being said, I'd say your the ONLY one in the world with a shot like that over the Arch!
BOT
my grandparents live in Belleville! I was just up there taking pictures of my grandpa's house to print out for him to see. His son had an aerial shot of his house taken for him years back and my grandpa loves that picture so I figured I should give him an updated one.

2nd2non,
BOT
Well, these are only photos. If you do an Internet search, you can find similar ones taken by professionals with helicopters. Now if I had video....that may be incriminating...[emoji15]

Well, these are only photos. If you do an Internet search, you can find similar ones taken by professionals with helicopters. Now if I had video....that may be incriminating...[emoji15]

I hear ya.. just wanting to take care of our own... ;)
Speaking of video...... you mean like this:
HOLY $HIT!!!! The guy actually flew UNDER the freaking Arch. I don't know the laws so I'm not educated enough to be passing judgement on anyone BUT I gotta think flying through and under the Arch has to be illegal isn't it?:eek::eek::eek:
BOT

my grandparents live in Belleville! I was just up there taking pictures of my grandpa's house to print out for him to see. His son had an aerial shot of his house taken for him years back and my grandpa loves that picture so I figured I should give him an updated one.

Cool Josh!
Great idea. I'll bet your grandparents would shocked to see HiRes video over, under and around the house! Technology has greatly improved in just a couple of years.
BOT

Technically the arch and grounds are no fly zone since it's a national monument. You can see my picks were taken just outside the grounds.
I don't think I would have the guts to fly under the arch given three sides of metal could reek havoc with compass. Though about flying under the Stan Musial bridge but quickly thought about The metal and potential for RTH into bottom of bridge then falling into the river.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik