Anyone in the Kansas City Area?

I'm in Prairie Village and have been flying mainly over the neighborhood, if you all are flying anytime soon let me know my P3P and I are ready!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: scootrkitz
I'm in Olathe. Have flown over by Great Mall by field on west side. I have some video posted on you tube. Search for my account "Eagle View HD" to find the videos. Also some nice KC videos are posted by "isadore adger" on YouTube.

All drone pilots in Johnson county: as you should be aware you cannot fly within five miles of Johnson County Executive Airport or the Gardner Air Center without contacting the airport administration and the control tower.
It is a very easy process. First go to the Johnson County Airport Commission page under the JOCOGOV.ORG site and they have an Unmaned Aircraft Request form to fill out. Then when you submit the info the numbers for the control towers will be provided. Just call the control tower and let them know you are going to be flying a drone.
The controllers have always been very nice - no hassle at all.
You should complete the form and call tower just prior to flying. No need to do this days ahead.
Have fun flying. I'll be looking for you in the sky!

I'm in the Kansas City area, near Martin City/Grandview area. I been here for about year; just moved over from South Carolina. I bought a Phantom3 Standard, then swapped it out for the Standard 4k; I ended up being up happy with the range and swapping yet again for the Professional model. Any good flight areas recommended would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in St. Joseph, MO and work in Platte City. I've had my bird a week and have flown at a couple of parks and football stadiums around town.
I have access to a place to fly in rural NW Missouri at my parent's farm about an hour north, but would like to find some other places, too.
While I'm getting along well flying, I'd really like to connect with a seasoned pilot(s) that could share flying tips and insight.

Its been awhile since I've flown....probably 6 months or so. Depending on the weather this week, I would like to try and get some air this Wednesday or Thursday. Anyone care to meet up and share the air?

Yep, I'm in Lenexa as well close to the I35 435 interchange. I have a P3 Pro in the mail which is a bit of an upgrade from the old syma x5c-1 that I've been practicing with. I hear Shawnee Mission Park has some nice places to fly so I will likely be checking that out soon!

I'm in olathe

I used to fly RC planes and helicopters over at Shawnee Mission Park you have to have AMA insurance to fly there and also I quit flying there years ago when they made it mandatory that you had to become a club member and pay a yearly fee to fly there so I discontinued flying there. I do not know if they change their policy since then.

That's why I fly at the lake. We don't need an area. Our drones can go farther than their rc planes

I used to fly 1/10 scale airplanes out there way back in the day. Helped them lay the tarmak down and everything! I heard one member on here say that the park "police" gave him a hard time last time he was there though. Guess if we're at the airfield there isn't much they can say though, as long as there isn't a large group there.
Just got a P3A I also used to fly out there a lot and helped with the new field and shelter. They still have the club members only rule at the field. Lot of other good places around there though. You do have to have AMA or register thru FAA to fly anywhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic