Anyone in the Kansas City Area?

The easy solution.. would be to fly from somewhere other than the air field. Arial photography is not banned anywhere in Kansas except in National Parks, of which I dont think we even have.

The only National Parks that I know about in Kansas are the Prairie National Park near Manhattan and Tallgrass Prairie Park near Emporia. There are a few National Monuments as well but I don't know if those are restricted or not.

I used to fly RC planes and helicopters over at Shawnee Mission Park you have to have AMA insurance to fly there and also I quit flying there years ago when they made it mandatory that you had to become a club member and pay a yearly fee to fly there so I discontinued flying there. I do not know if they change their policy since then.
I flew a few times there when I moved here back in '86. I was flying sailplanes at the time and got the "your not very welcome" attitude, even though I was an AMA member.Stopped flying there and haven't since. Wasn't aware it had become a "member's only" field but it didn't surprise me to see your post. Nice area though, too bad to see it this way...

Also live in the Olathe area, looking for others in the KC metro area that would like to get out one afternoon for some fun. Still new, very inexperienced, but having fun learning!

Shaba your welcome to come out to come out and fly by where I live in De Soto Kansas sometime on a weekend or I can come up to Olathe I have a buddy that flies 3d RC helicopter in Olathe at one of the schools and sometimes I go out and fly my RC Helicopter there but I have not flown my phantom out that way yet . Where you fly I'm always looking for something nice or interesting to fly over or check out.

Olathedjdpilot me and shaba are trying to meet up this weekend and fly together somewhere you're welcome to come yourself if we do

Have a P3Pro on the way hopefully, ordered it from Drone World. Any of you have experience with that organization?

I don't have experience with that organization. However, if you'd like to meet up and fly, let us know! Rdjarms was so helpful taking me out this past weekend to provide some instructional operations. I had a blast, and would love to find more to join us for general flying/entertainment!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

FedEx says I won't get mine delivered until Tuesday sometime and I have to wrok all week, so guess next weekend will have to be the maiden flight. Hope the weather cooperates. I have some land to fly it on, going to "experiment" with it on my own for a bit before I meet anyone and really make a fool of myself. These posts about "sudden loss" of power and "all the sudden she just went into a spin and landed in the ocean" don't give me a warm fuzzy feeling after spending $2000 for this thing.

New pilot here also. Looking for good places to fly near south Overland Park. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Great day to fly. Not many of these in January in our part of the country. How'd the first flight go?

It was a good day to fly! I took my kids out today and let each of them fly a little as well.

I normally on the road for work Mon-Thurs, but home on the weekends. If it's at least 40 degrees outside and not raining, I'll fly any weekend. I'd be happy to go out and fly with you!

OK got all my parts for the drone (phantom 3 advanced). Any one help me get this going and ready to fly . I am in Olathe ks can do it on phone ?? Not computer smart

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20