Anyone in Rhode Island?

I'll definitely be flying! Don't know when or where but I'll be taking advantage of the warm (for Winter) weather.

Question about where to not fly. I came up with a bunch of links on Google last night. Some mixed info. As I mentioned before, I take off from almost anywhere. I try to be kind of "off in the corner" so I don't attract to much attention and I make sure I'm on public property. I believe we can fly at any of the state parks while being respectful of other people so I was searching to confirm that. I found this on the TF Green site -

Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), often referred to as Drones, have surged in popularity over the past few years and are increasingly being used to obtain photos and video. As a reminder, anyone wishing to operate a drone within RI must first obtain permission from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). More information is available at www.FAA.Gov.

RIAC issues notification related to drones | News | PVD | Rhode Island

I wonder if they mean the drone has to be registered with the FAA? That's a lot different than getting permission. Unless they mean operating a drone during an event.

Not sure what they mean by "permission". You do have to be registered, one way or another. I have the $5 blanket FAA registration, but I also have a Phantom 2 and Phantom3 Pro that are individually registered, with an "N" number. Since you got that from the Green Airport site, they probably mean permission to fly within the 5 mile radius of the airport. If that's the case, they could have just said it that way instead of making it more confusing. Luckily I'm just outside of their 5 mile radius.

Im in south attleboro. Just bought a p4p+. It wont fly, had to send back to dji for software repair. Sucks. Hopefully I'll be back in business in a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Im in south attleboro. Just bought a p4p+. It wont fly, had to send back to dji for software repair. Sucks. Hopefully I'll be back in business in a week or two.

Should have bought it from Cloud City Drones in Warwick. They have an on-site repair shop.

I had wanted to but I got a much better deal on the Internet. Seems like not a great deal now the thing don't work

Any one around new to droneing here in east Providence off warren ave and looking for like minded people in area to fly/film/and snap some pics with.let me know who's around.???

Hey Tim let me know when you want to meet up and fly.???sooner the better before the weather turns.??

Pierce Memorial Field
201 Mercer St
East Providence, RI 02914
United States.

For now because its Close to me and I called Town recreational department and they said I could take aerial photographs is long as I don't go on the track field but I fly from the track and seats or fly over baseball field with no people. East Providence

Pierce Memorial Field
201 Mercer St
East Providence, RI 02914
United States.

For now because its Close to me and I called Town recreational department and they said I could take aerial photographs is long as I don't go on the track field but I fly from the track and seats or fly over baseball field with no people. East Providence

I flew my phantom there last week. Nice place

I'm available on weekends in the AM. I know East Providence and Pierce Field. Any other places to fly? I'm new to this hobby and live in West Warwick.

All and any place I go has an office number on it for parks and recreational so that u can call.i ask for permission to take Ariel photos and most say yes and some say to call every time during business hours to get permission. Maybe this weekends will be dry if so I could be at pierce field if preplanned..?

I am new to the drone world and went to fly a colt state park in Ri. Got through my first battery and next thing I know three different DEM surround me. FYI can't fly at any state parks in Ri according to some law that they couldn't show anywhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl