Anyone in Charlotte?

Anyone interested in flying Saturday afternoon?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not really at this point. Any where you are interested in going?

High 60's Sunny and light wind today near Albemarle. I'll be heading to an area near the Pee Dee River if anyone would like to join me for flying.

DJI_0008-X3.jpg

Got my p3a a couple of weeks ago and I love it.

I live in the Lake Wylie/Steele Creek area.

Curious if anybody knows any fun places to fly nearby.

Concord here! Would love to get together and fly. I have a P3P.

Reactions: dparkins
Good Day to everyone, I made my 2nd Flight this past Friday March 18,2016. I have been flying at an Elementary School just about the 5 miles from the airport ( sorry do no know the Name of the school ) It near the intersection of Mt-Holly Road - Huntersville Road and Mt-Holly Road I live off of 1-485 Exit 12- Moore Chapel Road about 3 miles from the White Water Center. Have not tried to take any Video's. but have tried a few snap shots on the ground, Do not know how to take them off the S D Card. Any Help I do have a Card reader Flying a Phantom 3 Professional, still need 3 more Firmware upgrades. I haven't tried flying with the Apple I-Pad with the DJIGo app.The school Name might be River Oaks Academy Elementary.

Last edited:
Reactions: dparkins
Where do you fly around Concord? I'm in Mooresville myself.
Frank Liske Park on Stough road. Lots of room, haven't been bothered by anyone there.

Last edited:
Frank Liske Park on Stough road. Lots of room, haven't been bothered by anyone there.

Looks like a great place to fly. I've been zipping around a similar looking park in Mooresville - Cornelius Road Park. Yours is probably more scenic with that pond. Maybe we can meet up and fly one of these weekends.

Got my P3S and i live inthe ballantyne area south charlotte. Anyone know of places to fly around here?

Also could someone provide the locations of some places to fly around charlotte, not just ballantyne. Thanks!

I plan on checking out my new P4 at Frank Liske Park in Concord over this (Memorial Day) weekend . Probably around Soccer fields if they are empty and probably in the Afternoon around 2-5 all 3 days. I would welcome experienced visitors to explore and help me learn.

New North Charlotte P3P 4k flyer here... I'm happy to read some of the locations you folks have been flying cause I've been a bit tentative to fly thinking it could be a problem. I've been to Mallard Creek HS and Park with good success in the morning especially.
I want to try Frank Liske next and please keep the Charlotte/Concord area flight locations coming....
Thanks,
Doug

Reactions: BigAl07
New North Charlotte P3P 4k flyer here... I'm happy to read some of the locations you folks have been flying cause I've been a bit tentative to fly thinking it could be a problem. I've been to Mallard Creek HS and Park with good success in the morning especially.
I want to try Frank Liske next and please keep the Charlotte/Concord area flight locations coming....
Thanks,
Doug
Welcome to the forum and the hobby :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1