Anyone here have the Gopro Session?

Reaction score
I just bought one and am wondering for anyone that has one how do you like it.
A couple of things I have noticed.
It will not give me a preview on my Samsung S2 phone but it does connect and I can control camera. My Gopro white will connect with preview. My Samsung tablet will connect with both with preview.
I just grabbed a card...not sure of its speed. It recorded fine up to 1080 but at 1440, I only got the sound track. Would that be the card or my 3 year old HP laptop?
Yesterday while pushing the wifi button on camera, nothing would happen. I ended up turning camera on and then back off and it has been responding since. Any comments, tips, or anything else I should know about this cube? So far I have only viewed the video on my laptop. Not sure how good the video would be on a larger screen. .

i've got 2, very handy little camera's but i've also found it to be a bit glitchy. I've had it stop recording on me several times for no reason. GoPro's as a rule are very fussy about the SD card so wouldn't be surprised if its causing you problems

i've got 2, very handy little camera's but i've also found it to be a bit glitchy. I've had it stop recording on me several times for no reason. GoPro's as a rule are very fussy about the SD card so wouldn't be surprised if its causing you problems
Have you viewed video on a large screen? I want distant objects to be sharp, not just 5 feet in front of camera. I will try a known class 10 card and see what that does.
edit. I would think if the card was not suitable it wouldn't do anything.

don't think i have ever watched it on a big screen tbh, this is done with a Session

[QUOTresolution fandango, post: 868267, member: 14987"]don't think i have ever watched it on a big screen tbh, this is done with a Session

[/QUOTE]
What resolution and fps was that shot at? The background doesn't look that sharp but I am viewing on an eight inch tablet .

Last edited:
I can say I'm not happy with it not many settings and the resolution is not that great compared to my blacks . It is nice and small not to bad on close ups . Mine sits on the work bench rather use the GP's .

I have played with the session for a couple of days and the 1080 med setting is the only one I really care for. The wide and super view might be ok on a surfboard or similar situation. I don't feel the picture is very sharp at all. My $60 used Gopro white takes better video. Is it just my camera or is that just the way it is? I like the size and ssimplicity of the camera but I feel the video could be better using the same settings as the White gopro. I guess I can understand the preview is not that sharp but the video should be. I like the fact I can link the session to my tablet to control it and actually watch the videos on camera. Not sure if I should return this.

What resolution and fps was that shot at? The background doesn't look that sharp but I am viewing on an eight inch tablet .
1080@60fps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl