Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone here have the Gopro Session?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Monte55, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Monte55

I just bought one and am wondering for anyone that has one how do you like it.
    A couple of things I have noticed.
    It will not give me a preview on my Samsung S2 phone but it does connect and I can control camera. My Gopro white will connect with preview. My Samsung tablet will connect with both with preview.
    I just grabbed a card...not sure of its speed. It recorded fine up to 1080 but at 1440, I only got the sound track. Would that be the card or my 3 year old HP laptop?
    Yesterday while pushing the wifi button on camera, nothing would happen. I ended up turning camera on and then back off and it has been responding since. Any comments, tips, or anything else I should know about this cube? So far I have only viewed the video on my laptop. Not sure how good the video would be on a larger screen. .

2. p fandango

i've got 2, very handy little camera's but i've also found it to be a bit glitchy. I've had it stop recording on me several times for no reason. GoPro's as a rule are very fussy about the SD card so wouldn't be surprised if its causing you problems

3. Monte55

Have you viewed video on a large screen? I want distant objects to be sharp, not just 5 feet in front of camera. I will try a known class 10 card and see what that does.
    edit. I would think if the card was not suitable it wouldn't do anything.

4. p fandango

don't think i have ever watched it on a big screen tbh, this is done with a Session

5. Monte55

[QUOTresolution fandango, post: 868267, member: 14987"]don't think i have ever watched it on a big screen tbh, this is done with a Session

[/QUOTE]
    What resolution and fps was that shot at? The background doesn't look that sharp but I am viewing on an eight inch tablet .

#5 Monte55, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  6. 750r

I can say I'm not happy with it not many settings and the resolution is not that great compared to my blacks . It is nice and small not to bad on close ups . Mine sits on the work bench rather use the GP's .

7. Monte55

I have played with the session for a couple of days and the 1080 med setting is the only one I really care for. The wide and super view might be ok on a surfboard or similar situation. I don't feel the picture is very sharp at all. My $60 used Gopro white takes better video. Is it just my camera or is that just the way it is? I like the size and ssimplicity of the camera but I feel the video could be better using the same settings as the White gopro. I guess I can understand the preview is not that sharp but the video should be. I like the fact I can link the session to my tablet to control it and actually watch the videos on camera. Not sure if I should return this.

8. Monte55

The videos they show on the net and ads show crisp video. Is this just another lie?

9. p fandango

1080@60fps