Anyone having success flying w/Firmware v4.00?

PJA

Reaction score
Just finish rebuilding my Phantom after a horrific crash... Cost me @ $100.00... (Shell, ESC, Landing gear repair)

I decided to upgrade the firmware, because I had to. I was running v3.00 since March... Wanted to add a gimbal etc...

I had a hard time trying to install v3.14 or v3.16 with Jumanoc's DJI - LINKS until I finally got it right as I tried to installed v4.00. I realized I wasn't unzipping the files the right way till I attempted v4.00, and then everything fell into place... I recalibrate the IMU, the TX and my Parameters are all back to where they belong.

Motors start up, sounds good (no props of course)... I can recalibrate the compass and acquire all satellites. I even simulated RTH, and that's the only thing that is different, so far... The yellow LED flashes slower rather than faster...

Regardless of the install, I'm actually afraid to go out and fly it (if it can even get off the ground at this point). Thinking of downgrading to v3.14 or v3.16 if either are more stable at this time...

Just wondering if anyone is flying v4.00 yet and how's the Phantom handling it... Any input would be appreciated...

All fine here just set your perimeter limit beyond your range to avoid the bug where it gets stuck at the limit. All else is fine and I have had quite a few flights with 4.0 even testing range limits with my new futaba radio and its all good.

Wow! All good news...

I guess by Perimeter Limits you mean the 2000 meter default setting which can be changed? That translates to 6,561.5 feet ...

What is an optimal setting or max in this case for a Phantom with a stock TX radio?
(Unless I am not understanding the perimeter setting).

Otherwise, I think everything is set correctly and I'll take the Phantom for a test flight by the weekend...

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Keeping it at 2000m is fine the stock radio will give up and go into failsafe by then anyway. Its a bit of an issue for people setting limits within reach as there is a bug in this atm which should be fixed 8n the next firmware.

Fdnyfish said:
no problems here
Works OK. Tried the limit function. It went to the limit and did exactly as described. Couldn't get it to land as it was over trees. Couldn't get it to move as pitch and roll was disabled by hitting the limit (I reset to 100m). DUMB on my part. Simply turned of the transmitter and went back to home. Got "recontrol" by flipping to ATTI then GPS. V4.0 works OK.
BJ

No issues at all... I actually didnt even hear about the issue until today... about 20 flights into 4.00...

Completed 25~ flights with 4.00. No issues. I let my limits at 5000 / 10000

I have now joined the club in having my first successful flight with the v4.00 firmware upgrade since my crash & rebuild...

I posted a video to show how nice my Phantom is flying... On board is a PocketFinder in case of a Flyaway. I couldn't get a Garmin GTU 10 at a decent price (if you can find any), so I bought this, brand new, on eBay for $81.00 shipped... Not a bad deal for some peace of mind. I also put on my Prop Guards in case the Phantom tipped on take-off or landing. (I am in dire need of some spare props). And also notice that one red LED strip is dimmer than the other. I had to repair one side with a new ESC. Maybe that's the reason, but no big deal right now...

Sorry for the shakes, but it's not easy controlling the Phantom with one hand and recording with a Samsung Galaxy S3 in the other... Next flight will have my GoPro on-board with my Gimbal...

Thanks to all who gave me great advice on this thread. It made me more confident to Fly the v4.00 firmware...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kEw0lRtk68[/youtube]

I had difficulty getting it to calibrate. I read in another thread to just click the toggle 6 times and it worked like a charm. I set my limits to 22,000m. I know I don't normally go beyound the default but I didnt' want any chances of getting stuck in the sky. :lol: I normally only fly within line of site so I know there will be no getting stuck in the sky with the new feature. :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl