Anyone have experience with www.mydronelight.com?

That's cool, was good enough for this easy rYder. Hahaha
The simplest way to upload images/pics here is use the Upload a File tab at the bottom of the new post. It's much easier for me, than tapping the photo icon at top.
I would like to know how much less flight time you get, while those cubes reduce your flights by, minutes?

Thanks for the DROACC10 discount code. ;-)
I will try to use it before expiration. Ha

RedHotPoker

I haven't flown too much yet with them but from what I've read, it 3 - 4 minutes off. I'll try it tonight for sure

Yeah, if you could fly two fresh batteries, one with both cubes attached, & one without. Be nice to know a general rule...
Keep an occasional eye on the voltage meter too, top right corner, of Go app...

RedHotPoker

!!!! Nice rig, Scott!! Appreciate the video too. Hey, would you mind sharing a video with some FPV view at night? I'm really hoping it will allow me to do a little lower-level flying safely at night. Also, any chance you can change the angle of the lights? Would love to see some video from the ground of the drone in the air shining downwards - love to see how much light it provides at say 50' or 100'.

Sorry for all the questions - how far away can you maintain the Bluetooth link to turn them on/off??

You are a pioneer, sir!!

Yes, I am ordering a pair for my Phantom 3 soon too. Hahaha
Unfortunately, they aren't available from any local retailers here in the city yet, so I will have to order mine online. Oh well. The Sooner the Better.

RedHotPoker

Man, I have gotten ready for two nights to get some testing and it has rained. But I am working on some footage for you guys.

@Scott98, Having any luck, weather wise?
We are still Looking forward to your report...Haha
Ah, actually I am already tired of waiting, so I'm ordering a twin set, from Lume Cube of my own, for my Phantom 3 Pro' tomorrow... ;-)
Just wanted to say that. Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
@Scott98, Having any luck, weather wise?
We are still Looking forward to your report...Haha
Ah, actually I am already tired of waiting, so I'm ordering a twin set, from Lume Cube of my own, for my Phantom 3 Pro' tomorrow... ;-)
Just wanted to say that. Ha

RedHotPoker
go

Oh man, I'm sorry. I got busy with work stuff, and we'll call me a slacker. Here is the footage I took. It's kinda crappy and wanted to retake. Flying or rather just hovering took about just under 5 minutes of flight time. The Lume Cubes were at 90% brightness too. When I tried to use my phone to control the lighting, I was getting choppy video. But this should give you an idea....I hope :).

With no Lume Cubes

20:24

With Lume Cubes

15:49

Both timings were just hovering with 13% battery left.

Last edited:
Nice - thanks Scott!! Any noticeable change in the handling? How hard to attach/remove - is it practical to attach them only at night?

Thanks for the vid!!

@Scott98, Even with a few minutes less flight time, I like the addition of some bright spot/fill lights for my night flights and for them near coming dismal dreary days of fall... ;-)
Hopefully mine don't take long in processing, to ship and arrive up here in Hinterland. Hehe
Using the discount code you provided for their drone kit, I saved $18.00 USD. Yeah, so thanks again for that. Ha

RedHotPoker

@theTastyCat, I did notice at hovering that the Phantom 4 was holding position as tight. It was defiantly steadier with them off. As for flying however, I haven't noticed any difference, and that footage I took doesn't do the Lume Cubes justice because it was brighter with the naked eye.

@RedHotPoker, you are going to love them. I have the DJI Osmo too and bought the quad set to go with that as well. These cubes are just freaking awesome. So small and light weight but so bright :sunglasses:

@theTastyCat, I did notice at hovering that the Phantom 4 was holding position as tight. It was defiantly steadier with them off. As for flying however, I haven't noticed any difference, and that footage I took doesn't do the Lume Cubes justice because it was brighter with the naked eye.

@RedHotPoker, you are going to love them. I have the DJI Osmo too and bought the quad set to go with that as well. These cubes are just freaking awesome. So small and light weight but so bright :sunglasses:

Yes, they seem like they're very decent quality manufactured items. It's going to be swell, to have the distinct ability to light up the areas around my Phantom 3 Pro at night or on dim dreary days... Happy too, that I was able to be a small, fraction of this thread, and am also glad we have such awesome choices for our RC hobbies, today...
Thanks for sharing your limited experience, in such a good light. Haha yeah, It's quite nice to read about happy and over satisfied customers. I want to be listed within that group... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Man, 3000 lumens is a *whole* lot!!

Scott, when you have a chance, I would love to see some footage filmed from someone on the ground since I can see the purpose of this both being searching at night as well as simply lighting up an area for any reason!

I would *love* to find a way to be able to turn the lumecubes on and off with the control for the front LEDs...it would be simple enough to wire up an automotive-type relay, but the way the lumecubes are so compact and internal I'd hate to chop one up to wire it. Maybe there's some way to increase bluetooth range with an external antenna or something??? I may contact Lumecube and see what they think!

Finally, I'm really trying to decide which drone toy to buy next. Thinking about some more batteries, or a Headplay, or these lights........and I'm thinking these lights may be it. So it's clear that they're really cool and fun - Scott, since you've gone and done it, could you share your experience, specifically whether it looks like it would be useful and in what situations?

Sure appreciate you being our guinea pig!!

K, so was on the Lumecube site's FAQ and saw this:
  • Optical sensor built-in to operate as a slave to other flashes/light sources
I don't suppose by any miracle from heaven the lights could see the red front LEDs turn on and then turn themselves on.......because that would be 100% what I'm trying to accomplish but with ZERO WIRES, ZERO ANYTHING......Scott, any chance you could test this?? I'm not sure how the optical sensor was meant to work, and if the flashing LEDs would interfere - but I think I might like to have mine pointed at 45 degrees forward and down, so if by some chance the optical sensor was on top, maybe this would work!!

K, so was on the Lumecube site's FAQ and saw this:
  • Optical sensor built-in to operate as a slave to other flashes/light sources
I don't suppose by any miracle from heaven the lights could see the red front LEDs turn on and then turn themselves on.......because that would be 100% what I'm trying to accomplish but with ZERO WIRES, ZERO ANYTHING......Scott, any chance you could test this?? I'm not sure how the optical sensor was meant to work, and if the flashing LEDs would interfere - but I think I might like to have mine pointed at 45 degrees forward and down, so if by some chance the optical sensor was on top, maybe this would work!!

I can test. You can turn off the front led's on the phantom and I would think the optical sensor would work. Give me a bit and I will test. Here is Lume Cubes tutorial that might help.

Huh.....so for sure it can "flash" when it sees a flash........Scott, it would be *incredible* if you could see if you can make it *stay* on when the front LEDs are on!! I guess part of the issue would be whether the sensor, which I now see is on the front, would see the red LED...

This is awesome!

Huh.....so for sure it can "flash" when it sees a flash........Scott, it would be *incredible* if you could see if you can make it *stay* on when the front LEDs are on!! I guess part of the issue would be whether the sensor, which I now see is on the front, would see the red LED...

This is awesome!
One time, I was able to trigger with the front Phantom LED's. But it does work with a flash. Distance not too sure how far it will trigger with a flash. But here is a quick capture inside. Ignore the mess :)

Hmm...so it doesn't appear the red LEDs can trigger it to stay on :( oh well - that was going to be awesome! Next time you have it airborne, would you mind seeing how far away you can control it with your phone? And maybe after it goes out of bluetooth range, how difficult it is to reconnect in flight?

THANK you, Scott!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav