Anyone had to make a claim with State Farm after crash

Not sure that it is better than the P4 after watching this video, it is probably more portable, however the video quality may not be as crisp as the P4 or P3, check out this thread: Mavic Release Discussion

Here's the link to the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm sold

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

do I have this right? You can file a claim with your insurance company if you break your drone?

Yes that's exactly what I did. After I bought my p3a I went to State Farm and got a policy on it. 8 bucks a month. Last Friday I crashed it and Tuesday they sent me a check for full replacement

Well, turns out State Farm handled my claim quickly and fairly. I filed it this past Friday and yesterday morning I got a phone call saying that they were mailing my check out for the full coverage amount which is more than enough for a brand new p3a. Nearly enough for a p4. But with the mavic releasing in a few weeks I'm undecided.

Great news. We are finding that homeowners has been pretty good at handling claims. I will add you as a data point :)

I think I jumped the gun yesterday calling the Mavic better than the P4. I think it is actually not quite as good overall as the P4 but smaller and better for some people who want ultra portable and controllable by your phone only if you want. I really think they came out with it to stop the Karma from taking any DJI fans away.

P.S. I asked about my favorite feature, the upcoming goggles fort he Mavic being used on the Phantom series or at least the possibility of a goggle made for the Phantom series. This was DJI's response:

Thank you for reaching out DJI Support.

Currently, the only aircraft that has a VR Goggles for FPV is our latest aircraft which is Mavic Pro. We appreciate your suggestion in expanding the VR Goggles to other aircraft series and we will forward this feedback to our Development Team to consider or run a study. Though at the moment this technology is still unavailable to the other DJI aircraft series, we hope that in the future, these can be made as an improvement of our product.

Thank you for understanding.

Well, turns out State Farm handled my claim quickly and fairly. I filed it this past Friday and yesterday morning I got a phone call saying that they were mailing my check out for the full coverage amount which is more than enough for a brand new p3a. Nearly enough for a p4. But with the mavic releasing in a few weeks I'm undecided.

Question about the process. Did they ask for an estimate of the damages? Did they have inspect it in person?

What was the process like?
-Report claim
-SF calls you to discuss loss?
-What was the next step?

Thanks!
I had state Farm homeowners insurance years ago and filed a claim after Katrina. It took forever to get nothing. Had to sue to get fair compensate. FYI.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can tell you from experience. If you claim with State Farm it is simply a loan with high interest. The $1,000 you get today equates to at least a few hundred per year in higher premiums for years to come. I had a $2,600 wreck with my truck (I backed into a pole). Since I had not made a claim in a decade I decided to claim it. 2 years later my increased cost of insurance has already exceeded the $2,600 claim, and that is still after I switched from State Farm a year ago to lower my insurance costs, otherwise it would have been even higher losses for me. My 16yr old daughter wrecked her car with about $5,000 in damage 6 months ago. I decided it was worth it to me to NOT make a claim and I fixed the car myself for about $2,300 and I KNOW I am coming out ahead. My friend who sells me insurance (but not for my car) told me how much rates went up for a client who had a 17yr old son get in a wreck and it was about the value of his car every 2 years.

Obviously I am having to make a claim with state farm. Crashed my two month old P3A today. From the footage it looks like after I flew between two medal objects straight forward. Then I backed back out on same straight line except it wasn't the same. The bird had veered to the right a cpl feet so it was in line with one of the pieces of equipment. Pretty sure I didn't push the stick In the direction it veered. The whole reason I made sure it would clear it then tried to get the zoom out shot I was trying to effect. But I digress. I have a policy with State Farm so I called and started the claims process. Was just wondering if anyone's already had the pleasure so I might get an idea of wat to expect (or not expect)! Lol

how did this go for you, I called my State Farm insurance agency about personal article insurance and they had no clue what would be covered and what was not , I wondered if you provide some details about what this covers and what does it doesnt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic