Anyone had this piece pop off??

Reaction score
8c827c3edcfc130dc79c611ac11e01be.jpg

Local hobby shops want a part number. Im pretty sure it doesn't exist. Will DJI have just this piece maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Pretty sure you will to purchase the entire leg assembly. A lot of people put clear tape over the cover to keep it in place as I have read a number of threads relating to them either falling off or being knocked out after a crash/hard landing.

Pretty sure you will to purchase the entire leg assembly. A lot of people put clear tape over the cover to keep it in place as I have read a number of threads relating to them either falling off or being knocked out after a crash/hard landing.
If that's the case and it happen to me *touches wood* I would just be putting a bit of tape over it. Screw paying out for a new leg!

Although, having said that, you could probably argue that and get the part claiming on the warranty.

Local hobby shops want a part number. Im pretty sure it doesn't exist. Will DJI have just this piece maybe?

I had that part pop off when I made a bad landing and didn't notice for several days as I also chipped the end off one of the props, since replaced. I found the part against the fence it had hit (not violently), picked it up, popped it back on and bob's your uncle. :)

I lost the same part, and I suspect it was from a previous hard landing in the grass (I do recommend manual landing, not auto). I contacted DJI, asking for a part number and to see if it was available separately. My P4 is still under warranty and they sent me a set of replacement covers for free. Here is the part description: Phantom 4 landing gear antenna cover (no part number to be found). I just told them it fell off during flight, which was true, sort of.... I sent them a picture, similar to your photo, my invoice, and a description of the problem.

Last edited:
I always use RTH, or auto land.

It just seems that many people that use the automatic RTH feature have this issue. I assume it's because the RTH feature lands too hard.

I suspect that to socaldude. I notice rth landing comes down a little fast for my liking so i will cancel when its close. I always hand catch and since never had a problem with these leg covers

Reactions: DroneTurismo
Yep, in the house walking with my bird in hand and I smacked the counter, as I heard the plastic hit the floor I though I broke my craft and I'm not even flying it, the part just snapped back in with no damage. As far as auto landing! guys' , learn to land your bird please, remember when you where learning to drive a car and you had to parallel park? at the time it was a big thing and now I bet you park easy using just your mirrors (well most of us), landing my own craft smooth and precisely on my pad gives me pleasure in knowing I have control and can do it (easy). Practice makes better, just don't putter around hovering to close to the ground, once you get close commit and land the bird slowly in one move, it's a lot softer than auto and it gets' to be fun. If you stay in a low hover to long your craft will start to drift in the ground effects air turbulence and that will make a challenge. I have had my P4 since April with many flights and I only landed in auto once just to try it out, after I seen how hot it comes in I knew I wasn't going to do that again.

My piece popped off and I cant get it back in. I filed it down to get it to sit flush and used clear tape on it, so far so good....

Yes a real pain. I cut the little nob off about half way if that doesn't work I cut it off totally and used silicone to hold it back on, I squeeze some inside then press it to the silicone.

Yes a real pain. I cut the little nob off about half way if that doesn't work I cut it off totally and used silicone to hold it back on, I squeeze some inside then press it to the silicone.
Thanks for the quick reply! I don't really want to cut anything off yet, but I may have to if there is no other way.:(

sometimes you can bend the leg back carefully and pop it in. I don't like doing that. It does seem to work on the P4P better than the standard. That ting nob at the bottom is the problem and also what holds it in. Not very well it word appear. I usually just take half of it off and use silicon.

You might want to consider getting a Phantom Rain Wet Suit , as one of the many benefits is the that the legs are wrapped with neoprene covers, keeping those tabs tight and protected from rain and snow. They also provide support for hand catches , extremely useful.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 7.29.10 PM.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4