Anyone had a flyaway? I need help..

Reaction score
I lost signal at 10,000 ft and it was on its way back home.. At 2,000 ft i had plenty of signal and cancelled. Still brought it closer to me and not even 4 seconds later i lost signal and never got it back and never returned home.. Drove to last location of gps and no luck.. went back to home location still no luck.. went back and forth and now im just depressed.. called dji and sent them all the info.. anyone had any experiences with flyaways?

I lost signal at 10,000 ft and it was on its way back home.. At 2,000 ft i had plenty of signal and cancelled. Still brought it closer to me and not even 4 seconds later i lost signal and never got it back and never returned home.. Drove to last location of gps and no luck.. went back to home location still no luck.. went back and forth and now im just depressed.. called dji and sent them all the info.. anyone had any experiences with flyaways?
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and we'll see if there are some clues to go with.

That sucks...

Personally, I'd be pulling down that flight log and punching in the last GPS location on Google Earth or a GPS unit and seeing if I could find it. Hopefully, you're out in a remote area where there's a chance you find it before someone else does.

i did.. went exactly to where the gps says it was.. very remote area in the middle of the woods where there is noone around.. took me a while too even get in there with all the briar patches.. came out with a bunch of scrapes and 2 ticks.. ill be back tomorrow with a machete and father in law to see if we can find it.. thankful that its not gonna rain.. if i cant find it im just nervous dji isnt gonna do much to help

Are you sure it had enough juice in the battery to able to return home back. Lets analyze the logs before saying it was a fly away.

i did.. went exactly to where the gps says it was.. very remote area in the middle of the woods where there is noone around.. took me a while too even get in there with all the briar patches.. came out with a bunch of scrapes and 2 ticks.. ill be back tomorrow with a machete and father in law to see if we can find it.. thankful that its not gonna rain.. if i cant find it im just nervous dji isnt gonna do much to help

There are some folks on here that are real good at analyzing the logs and helping people pinpoint where it might be. Hopefully you can post that and they can take a look for you. It's out there somewhere, hopefully you can find it.

Unless the flight data indicates the Phantom was landing there, there's no point going to the last position recorded.
You have to consider how high it was and what it was doing at the time.
Posting a link to your flight data is the thing to do if you want help.

Update went back to site and found battery on ground.. looked around the area and sure enough it is about 45 50 ft up in a tree.. tried for an hour getting it.. going back tomorrow with some rope and ball.. looks like there is no damage.. just half of a propellor i found on the ground..should i call dji and report that i found it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan