Anyone had a 333 exemption approved since 11/2/15??

mjw

Reaction score
According to the FAA site, my 333 exemption has been picked up by FAA since 11/2 - just curious if anyone has had theirs approved since then - my exception has been in the "pending" status - does the approval come in a nondescript post card like the "N" number did?

Reactions: GmanTerry
Once approved, you'll receive a copy of the approved exemption via mail. They will also update the status on their website.

According to the FAA site, my 333 exemption has been picked up by FAA since 11/2 - just curious if anyone has had theirs approved since then - my exception has been in the "pending" status - does the approval come in a nondescript post card like the "N" number did?

Mine was put on the docket for comment on October 22nd and I still have not heard or seen anything.

Your exemption will probably approved around Feb. Take a look at the approved ones and see what day they submitted their paperwork. That will give you an idea on when your exemption will be approved. I received an email before it showed up to the public. I received a hard copy in the mail a couple of weeks after.

Your exemption will probably approved around Feb. Take a look at the approved ones and see what day they submitted their paperwork. That will give you an idea on when your exemption will be approved. I received an email before it showed up to the public. I received a hard copy in the mail a couple of weeks after.
Yes, it is a slow process. I submitted mine in April & got the letter, around September or October.

guys, are you all pilots? I am planning to submit an exception, but, do I actually need to be a licensed airplane pilot in order to use legally my P3P for real estate?

Yes, I am an actual pilot. You don't need to be a pilot to get a 333 exemption. However, to be legal the person flying the drone for commercial purposes must be a licensed pilot. You can either get a pilots license or find a licensed pilot to fly your drone.... or wait til part 107 goes through. Who knows how long that will take.....

You don't need to be a pilot to get a 333 exemption. However, to be legal the person flying the drone for commercial purposes must be a licensed pilot. You can either get a pilots license or find a licensed pilot to fly your drone.... or wait til part 107 goes through. Who knows how long that will take.....
Thank you very much. Then, the question is, in the meantime, is it worth to process the 333 exception? I mean, I am not planning to get a pilot's license just to fly my P3P. However, if I get the exception, and then, the new regulation is approved ( part 107), will I take advantage of my exception approval?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl