Anyone got any objections to syncing the APP?

Zzz

Reaction score
Why am I the only one who seems to be objecting to the idea of all the logs being stored on DJI servers FOREVER? You guys do realize that once you sync the app you have no control over the synced data whatsoever right? Do we really want hundreds of lifetime flights on some server that we have no control over?

Will you still think it's normal once car companies start doing it? How is this any different...

PS: When putting in a warranty / refresh claim DJI apparently wants you to sync the app and all the flight logs with it. Instead I've sent them the TXT log files of the last flight, but the person replying seems to think that might not be enough (even though it's really the same as far as I know).

Every time I sync I get an error saying that it cant but seems to do it anyways.

Big brother is watching regardless if you sync or not and the device is connected to the internet. Welcome to 2017.

Reactions: Jason Porembski
Why am I the only one who seems to be objecting to the idea of all the logs being stored on DJI servers FOREVER? You guys do realize that once you sync the app you have no control over the synced data whatsoever right? Do we really want hundreds of lifetime flights on some server that we have no control over?

Will you still think it's normal once car companies start doing it? How is this any different...

PS: When putting in a warranty / refresh claim DJI apparently wants you to sync the app and all the flight logs with it. Instead I've sent them the TXT log files of the last flight, but the person replying seems to think that might not be enough (even though it's really the same as far as I know).
I for one, have a BIG problem with that, just as I do with Windows sending Gigabytes of my computing information back to Microsoft and whoever else as part of their "Customer Experience Improvement".

I also have a problem with Google knowing and SAVING everywhere I have been with my android phone.
For a shocker, investigate Google "timeline". If you have an Android phone it will show everywhere you have been while carrying your phone,

I would prefer to be invisible.

Hey ZZ, I was also looking at a couple of these threads where the bird is snapping photos and setting them where they can not be deleted by the owner. It is titled 'Phantom taking random pictures' in the P3 Pro/Adv section.

Doesn't bother me so much, I know I'm flying responsibly (not that you are not).
Whenever I meet folks while flying, I stress the fact that all my flights are logged for posterity. It does seem to put them more at ease.

I for one, have a BIG problem with that, just as I do with Windows sending Gigabytes of my computing information back to Microsoft and whoever else as part of their "Customer Experience Improvement".

I also have a problem with Google knowing and SAVING everywhere I have been with my android phone.
For a shocker, investigate Google "timeline". If you have an Android phone it will show everywhere you have been while carrying your phone,

I would prefer to be invisible.
But you can turn off the customer experience program as far as I know (I believe I have itnturned off) and you can opt out of most as well as delete the information Google has on you... You can't however delete anything from the DJI servers though.

Yep, here it is:
6f1ab40f05d6019424cf825aa92b1a78.jpg

You're right, it is kinda scary... but also kinda cool. As long as I have control over it, I dont really mind the extra functionality it brings.

Last edited:
Hey ZZ, I was also looking at a couple of these threads where the bird is snapping photos and setting them where they can not be deleted by the owner. It is titled 'Phantom taking random pictures' in the P3 Pro/Adv section.
Didn't hear about that one, will sure check it out, thanks!

Doesn't bother me so much, I know I'm flying responsibly (not that you are not).
Whenever I meet folks while flying, I stress the fact that all my flights are logged for posterity. It does seem to put them more at ease.
I guess you NEVER speed in your car, you NEVER jaywalk on foot and you NEVER flew closer than 30 or whatever yards to buildings, people, roads etc...

Of course we all (most of us?) do our best to fly safe and within the set rules, but we are speaking of every single second of each and every flight here. Sorry, but you saying you don't have a problem with it because you fly responsibly is hillarious. Not to mention that eventualy inevitable and accidental breaches of rules and laws are not the only reason one might object to this. If you can't see the big picture, then good for you I guess...

If you are that worried, maybe you should trade your drone in on a kite.
And my little picture of the world suits me just fine, thank you very much.

If you are that worried, maybe you should trade your drone in on a kite.
And my little picture of the world suits me just fine, thank you very much.
I suppose cars that will double the speed limit and bikes that will triple it are just not for everyone either.
Sometimes ya just gotta bend the rules to have a little fun, if you don't just go back to sleep.

Personally I don't care. I don't care about them having my flight logs, Microsoft having my computer data, Google having my email or Apple having my location data. Frankly no one cares about me enough to know any of that. I am not that important. And frankly, if they want to get that info they have many more means to make that information available to them.

Not a big deal unless you're doing something illegal or unethical in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Techcop50

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic