Anyone from Norfolk or East Anglia

Hi.
Born in Kings Lynn in 1966. Lived down South since 1975. Looking to move next year to Suffolk (beccles area)
In the meantime if anyone is in the Surrey area I've set up a Youtube channel for anyone, anywhere, to post video's and make comments for places they have found where its good and safe for drone flying.

dronelocations uk

Might be easier for you if you propose a date /day time to fit in with your shift patterns etc :) as it's easy for me as I work from home so can fit around anyone else's work patterns etc.
That might not be a bad idea Bryn, I will take a look at my roster and hash some dates out. It'll be good to get involved in a meet.

I have just ordered a P3A and will be camping in Thetford over the weekend, anyone got some good places there to fly and maybe get some mice video/pictures from the drone?

Ah hope they are better now. How you getting on with the Phantom?

They are good now thank you. Not been out for almost two weeks now as been really busy with work and getting upto speed with Final Cut Pro X. Last time I was editing was with FCP7 some years back, so its all new and learning from scratch again... It's fun though. So once I do get some good footage I will be able to edit it well to produce a great result. I will be out with it this weekend for sure, just working out where to go to get some nice footage of a few different things.

Have you one much with yours so far and have you posted any video?

That's good to hear. I used mine whilst away in Cornwall on holiday but due to work I haven't got round to editing the footage yet, how are you getting on with FC? I use Premier Pro or at least try to.

The weather isn't looking too great for any flying this weekend.

Going to go to old Leigh near Southend today around lunchtime when the water is up to try and get some footage of the fishing boats. It's calm and dry so could be ok, yesterday was a no go...

I had a play with Premier just a few weeks back doing a course from Lynda.com as I have a creative Cloud subscription. I used to use Final Cut Pro some years back when I took any video on wedding I was photographing. Anyhow I have a full HD video camera I bought in 2006 and it had a lot of video of my son as a baby so have been meaning to ingest and edit that for some years. Anyhow Premier wouldn't recognise the camera and I was told FCPX would not either. So I installed FCP7 and after taking about a day to work it out I got it going and began the import. Anyway I got the urge to download a trial of FCPX and guess what, it imports it out the box!! So have uninstalled FCP7 and got FCPX and have now got 10 tapes imported and it even has all the shot date and time in the library screen to make my life easier.

I was sceptical about FCPX as it got such bad reviews in the beginning, but not now, it seems 10.2 was a major improvement and it's so different a lot say people didn't know how to use it as it's nothing like FCP7 or Premier, I've started a course in Lynda.com for it and it's pretty cool tbh and now getting used to it it's very simple. I've already got a couple of plugins for widescreen look, split screen and titling which I think will be good for drone videos. Now need to get out and get some nice video with the Phantom....

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Anyone else here from the flatlands that are Norfolk/East Anglia?

Be good to arrange some kind of get together if there are enough of us.

Anyone wanting to use it for drone flying is very welcome, you can even camp there FREE

Just contact me and I will send you a map

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4