Anyone fly in Italy?

Reaction score
I am going to be in Italy for a couple weeks in August. Will I be able to fly there, and is there anything I need to know to stay out of trouble?

I'm glad don't live in Italy. Those rules suck.
Agree!

These ones really get me...

"You may not fly your drone over populated areas, gatherings, beaches, national parks, urban areas, infrastructures, railways, highways and industrial plants"
I can understand some of them and the other laws, but come on!

"Your drone must weigh under 25kg"
What happens if it's over?

Last edited:
Wich cities/regions do you plan to visit?
If just cities you can leave it at home.
For rural areas i can try to help you

Last edited:
We will be in Rome, Venice, Vatican City, and a rural area, I can't remember the name of

if you can't remember the name of rural area may you know if that is next to some city.
In Rome ( vatican city ) and Venice you can't take off your drone

if you can't remember the name of rural area may you know if that is next to some city.
In Rome ( vatican city ) and Venice you can't take off your drone

Hi there we are going to Italy this may. I'm planning to fly in in the water away from the people at Positano. What do you think about that? I will not fly on the buildings, only in the water facing Positano.

Hi there we are going to Italy this may. I'm planning to fly in in the water away from the people at Positano. What do you think about that? I will not fly on the buildings, only in the water facing Positano.

e58b98bc67691da55bbc951787d3a531.jpg

Positano would be awesome location to fly.
Even 'ENAV restrictions free' as you can see in map.
Just remember Positano and in general Costiera amalfitana are most cramped places, be careful on avoid people gathering

e58b98bc67691da55bbc951787d3a531.jpg

Positano would be awesome location to fly.
Even 'ENAV restrictions free' as you can see in map.
Just remember Positano and in general Costiera amalfitana are most cramped places, be careful on avoid people gathering
Wow, thanks for the info! So excited to be there. Any other tips for me? Like if police ask me about the drone?

I've never had that experience with police. If you're careful on avoid urban areas and groups of people cops can't do anything

Im flying to Sardinia in a few weeks and want to get water, and overall views of the island with P4Pro.. thoughts?

Traveling with DJI backpack.

You can see the drone laws and regulations for Italy here.

Fly safe!
I'm sure that Italian drone regulations will be very close to EU regulation coming up next year!

Just got back from 10 days in Italy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just got back from 10 days in Italy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome Video! Any problems with going through security? I might actually consider getting a Mavic Pro for the trip instead of P4Pro because of how awesome this video is.

Awesome Video! Any problems with going through security? I might actually consider getting a Mavic Pro for the trip instead of P4Pro because of how awesome this video is.

Absolutely zero problems with security, the TSA sees hundreds of drones a day. I've taken my Phantom 4 to Thailand, Romania, France, Seattle, Big Sur, CA and had zero issues ever. The Mavic was my friend's drone who let me borrow it for portability reasons. I loved not having to lug my Phantom backpack around when hiking, especially on the Path of Gods and Mt Vesuvius.

Reactions: MEGFilmworks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers