Anyone flown a 2+ yet after installing this latest update?

Re: Anyone flown a 2+ yet after installing this latest updat

Catalina36 said:
Channel70Productions said:
Just returned after the updates. No increase in satellites (always between 9-12), but the battery bar is great to have. Can't swear to it, but on this gusty day, the bird seemed somewhat quicker to correct after being blown off course.

This was pretty much my experience as well. When you pivot (yaw) it still drifts but not as far and returns to original hover spot quicker. I also thought it sounded different when hovering. It caused me to look up quickly at it a few times to see if something was going on to cause the sharp change in sound.

Now that you mention it, it might have sounded different.
Audio from today is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2F5lLlzvs

Could it be to be more stable flights means the motors are simply working harder? Smoother operation requires more minute power changes which probably answers why there may be a small drop in flight time.

Hi,

After installing the firmware for the DJI Phantom Vision+, my motors now won't start up!

Everything else behaves as normal. When I use the controls, the gimbal even responds but the motors just won't start up. I'm not in a no fly zone and satellites have been found and home point stored.

Any ideas?? Been having issues logging in to DJI through the assistant software too. Any way of re installing the firmware or reverting back?

Chris

If your in NAZA... I know this may sound silly, but double-check your S1 switch position. I recently had a similar experience until I realized my S1 was in RTH. And it will not start that way. I was hurrying and didn't doublecheck my switch positions.

woodyshere said:
Hi,

After installing the firmware for the DJI Phantom Vision+, my motors now won't start up!

Everything else behaves as normal. When I use the controls, the gimbal even responds but the motors just won't start up. I'm not in a no fly zone and satellites have been found and home point stored.

Any ideas?? Been having issues logging in to DJI through the assistant software too. Any way of re installing the firmware or reverting back?

Chris

Chris,

you got to recalibrate your transmitter. I bet you didn't yah? Please let me know if I did help yah!

I flew mine twice last night, it was somewhat windy so I could not tell flight differences....Mine never gave me any low battery warnings or go home, I did however notice that when i did bring it home, as soon as my battery got 12percent, it was very hard to control....it was hand caught, and I was only 2 feet up, an intentional battery test, almost no lift whatsoever at 12 percent.

RCF - DRONE said:
I flew mine twice last night, it was somewhat windy so I could not tell flight differences....Mine never gave me any low battery warnings or go home, I did however notice that when i did bring it home, as soon as my battery got 12percent, it was very hard to control....it was hand caught, and I was only 2 feet up, an intentional battery test, almost no lift whatsoever at 12 percent.

At 12% I think it goes into auto land mode so I would not expect any lift or control.

Pugslayer said:
Anyone know when the new update is going to come out for the mac? I'm at my lake house and all I have is my macbook

It's out now :)

Catalina36 said:
RCF - DRONE said:

At 12% I think it goes into auto land mode so I would not expect any lift or control.

I got a similar issue at 15%, no lift, could not even hover, causing a very hard landing (braking the rotors against the guards as it landed hard). I was descending (not auto-descend) and when I got to about 20 feet off the ground, I pushed full throttle up, but it wouldn't give enough power to stop the descent. I reverted back to previous firmware, no issues.

-Scott

RCF - DRONE said:

Surely it gave you the red warnings on the vision app. Note in 3.06, the first level warning is at 25% and the critical warning is at 15%. If you have the go home deselected in the vision app, you will not get the go home question popup, but you will get the red border and red battery indicator at 25% (not configurable). It will auto land at 15% (not configurable) but as you discovered you can throttle up to maintain height if needed. You have to give considerable throttle though to override the descent.

sbarton said:
Catalina36 said:
RCF - DRONE said:

I got a similar issue at 15%, no lift, could not even hover, causing a very hard landing (braking the rotors against the guards as it landed hard). I reverted back to previous firmware.

-Scott

The no lift at 15% has always been there, nothing to do with update. You can throttle up to pretty much make it hover in place at full throttle for a hand catch.

Anyone have used GS in the new app ?
I can swipe to it when the bird is not connected but when FPV is working going to GS isn't anymore.
Yes GS is enabled in settings.

ToThePoint said:
I can swipe to it when the bird is not connected but when FPV is working going to GS isn't anymore.
iOS or Android?

What does the Mounting tab do? Located under Basic.
Mine looks like this.
The green marking indicates the setting on my Phantom by default.

Do i need to change something or just let it be?

Attachments

• Mounting.jpg
    Mounting.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 447

ToThePoint said:

I got it to work last night on android. But I had to swipe up around the right corner I think. Swiping the middle of the screen didnt do squat.

ManuelW said:
ToThePoint said:
iOS or Android?

Android.

Found a way to get it if i swipe in the right top corner.
Previous i could use the whole screen and now limited to a very small corner. Pffffffffff

BlackTracer said:
ToThePoint said:

I got it to work last night on android. But I had to swipe up around the right corner I think. Swiping the middle of the screen didnt do squat.

Yeah thats what i discovered also. right top corner.
When my brain goes tilt for some reason its going to be a pain in the ***.

I just updated an got back from a flight. Had a strange thing happen that has never happened before. I went to do a field calibration on my compass and I kept getting 1 green light and then 2 flashing red. I've never had that happen before. Anyone know what error that is? Took me several re-boots, aircraft and controller to finally get a good compass calibration. About 5 times. I'm not saying 3.06 did it, but its strange I've never had it happen before. Thoughts?

is your transmitter/controller on?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj