Anyone experience these 'bugs' ?....sure glad DJi fixed'em....NOT!

Many users sayd that VPS issue in their phantom was fixed and stable.
Also Gimbal Horizon also reported as fixed for some that reported it.

You must install and see if it fixed for you. If you don't like it, now you can go back and install the 1.1.9 again.

My P3P was rock steady when running 1.1.9 but developed problems after upgrading to1.2.6......hovering became unstable (mainly vertical drift) with or without VPS enabled.
I updated to 1.3.20 this morning, and nothing has improved. I am in the process of downgrading back to 1.1.9 at the moment to see if that works as it used to.......the thing I'm not sure about is whether I need to downgrade the controller as well....does anyone have any info on this?

My P3P was rock steady when running 1.1.9 but developed problems after upgrading to1.2.6......hovering became unstable (mainly vertical drift) with or without VPS enabled.
I updated to 1.3.20 this morning, and nothing has improved. I am in the process of downgrading back to 1.1.9 at the moment to see if that works as it used to.......the thing I'm not sure about is whether I need to downgrade the controller as well....does anyone have any info on this?

Tell me something. Do you do IMU calibration on each firmware upgrade? do you do it Cold IMU calibration?

I've learned my lesson. I won't be upgrading until all you guinea pigs do it and report back the results. ;) I'm very interested to see what n6vmo thinks about it once he does all this upgrading.. ;-) I'm also looking forward to robrogkr doing some testing to see how the new firmware and DJI app perform as well as how difficult it is to go back to 1.1.9 if it sucks. Which it may...

And do we still have 8 video channels or did they limit it again? Just asking you know... :rolleyes:

Reactions: n6vmo
I'll never understand why people update their FW if what they're currently using is working like me. Seems like you're just asking for a potential $1K loss.

Reactions: acherman
Tell me something. Do you do IMU calibration on each firmware upgrade? do you do it Cold IMU calibration?
I do an IMU check......if it says calibration not required, I leave it as is. When I've done a calibration, it's been at room temp. at a cool time of day.

Many users sayd that VPS issue in their phantom was fixed and stable.
Also Gimbal Horizon also reported as fixed for some that reported it.
I realize the Inspire is a different machine, but as far as I know they both use the exact same Pilot App and so the firmware used in both must be fairly similar. The updates for the new firmware for the Phantoms and the Inspire were released at the same time... The release info for the Phantoms listed very few "bug" fixes and was not very specific. I noticed the release info for the Inspire was pretty lengthy and specifically listed improved stability and improvements to the VPS system (which I think is the same?) along with many others. Curious if some of these don't also apply to the P3, but just weren't listed? Raises some questions anyway because why list it for one and not the other...

Inspire 1 Firmware Update
Overview:1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.3.0

What’s New:

1. Added option to downgrade the aircraft firmware.
  2. Added HD Video Conversion option in the video editor.
  3. Added High Dynamic Range (HDR) shooting feature.
  4. Enabled use of remote controller to shoot photos in burst mode.
  5. Fixed issue of video files being damaged when aircraft is powered off during recording.
  6. Added DJI SDK API support for Inspire 1.
  7. Optimized transportation mode. Now allows entering transportation mode even when the gimbal is
    still attached to the aircraft. Transportation mode is automatically triggered when the gimbal is detached from the aircraft. Additionally, users can now immediately attach the gimbal after powering on the aircraft and exiting transportation mode.
  8. Added option to enable or disable the Vision Position System.
  9. Added option in Failsafe mode to land the aircraft at the current location and altitude.
  10. Added option to enable or disable Low Battery RTH feature.
  11. Flightcontrollerparametersarenowretainedafterfirmwareupdates.
  12. Support storing customized gimbal parameters.
  13. Camera View now displays the DJI logo if a video output error is detected to avoid confusion with a blank screen.
  14. Motors stop spinning automatically if blocked by obstacles or excessive force.
  15. Support updating remote controller firmware though the DJI GO app.
  16. Optimized battery life algorithm.
  17. The battery will conserve extra power if it has not been calibrated for the first time.
  18. Optimized battery protection mechanism.
Bug Fixes:Fixed the issue of DJI GO app displays “Flight Controller Data Error” when the capacity of flight controller is full.
  1. Improved the stability of the flight controller.
  2. Improved the stability of the Vision Position System.
  3. Fixed the issue of failing to reset GPS coordinate on the mobile device.

I upgraded the Go App, did the FirmWare upgrade, file said Success., I have upgraded my controller, I think it's an earlier RC, anyway it said it needed it, so I did, plugged the supplied cable into the Phantom, and the USB end into the RC, turned on the Phantom, then the RC & it took only barely a couple of minutes for the blue light to turn green, beeping stopped... This has been a lot of fun, I can't wait to get out and fly it... Hopefully later today, if it doesn't rain.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: rigor
I do an IMU check......if it says calibration not required, I leave it as is. When I've done a calibration, it's been at room temp. at a cool time of day.

So, just try it.

Everybody recomends after a firmware upgrade to do a new IMU calibrations, Gimbal calibration and compass calibration.

I personaly do a cold calibration by placing my phantom directly on Air condition to get cool. I leave it at least 30 minutes, because after a firmware upgrade the phantom is really hot. After that, with the remote on and the app on the calibration menu, ready to go, i power my phantom and as soon as i get the IMU calibration button ready, i start the process. I do this very fast to prevent the IMU to get warm up by the phantom.
Calibrate in a iron free ambient. In a wood table for exemple and must be level

The advantages of this is you will get faster warm up times when you start the phantom and i personaly think that the phantom will be better calibrated in their sensors.

just do it one time and see if that drift problem will go away, because drift cam be caused by bad calibrated IMU.

You can also put it in the freezer, but i dont advise that. if you do, make sure you put it in a plastik bag to prevento moisture from the fridge to get into the phantom.

Last edited:
Humm.....never made a Gimball calibration,.....really need it?
Don`t forget to mention that the IMU calibration must be done on a completely FLAT ZONE without metals and magnetic camps around....

Humm.....never made a Gimball calibration,.....really need it?
Don`t forget to mention that the IMU calibration must be done on a completely FLAT ZONE without metals and magnetic camps around....
yes, added into my post. Thanks for reminding me.

The gimbal also has sensor inside so i would calibrate it. Mostly for those o got non horizon level.

Reactions: Mordor
So, just try it.

Everybody recomends after a firmware upgrade to do a new IMU calibrations, Gimbal calibration and compass calibration.

I personaly do a cold calibration by placing my phantom directly on Air condition to get cool. I leave it at least 30 minutes, because after a firmware upgrade the phantom is really hot. After that, with the remote on and the app on the calibration menu, ready to go, i power my phantom and as soon as i get the IMU calibration button ready, i start the process. I do this very fast to prevent the IMU to get warm up by the phantom.
Calibrate in a iron free ambient. In a wood table for exemple and must be level

The advantages of this is you will get faster warm up times when you start the phantom and i personaly think that the phantom will be better calibrated in their sensors.

just do it one time and see if that drift problem will go away, because drift cam be caused by bad calibrated IMU.

You can also put it in the freezer, but i dont advise that. if you do, make sure you put it in a plastik bag to prevento moisture from the fridge to get into the phantom.

I would not recommend the freezer, even in a bag. The moisture is coming from the surrounding air, not the freezer. If you put the phantom in a bag you do this at room temperature. All the air inside the bag has a certain level of moisture. When the temperature drops so does the ability of the air to keep the moisture and you will have condensation. The condensation will be EVERYWHERE where the air is, even inside the Phantom. While I will not try it, I assume the Phantom will be moist inside and out after placing in a freezing invironment, bag or no bag.There will be a higher level or corrosion due to the "applied" moisture. Perhaps someone is trying some form of vacuum packing to get most of the air out before cooling it down?
There must be a better way!

I would not recommend the freezer, even in a bag. The moisture is coming from the surrounding air, not the freezer. If you put the phantom in a bag you do this at room temperature. All the air inside the bag has a certain level of moisture. When the temperature drops so does the ability of the air to keep the moisture and you will have condensation. The condensation will be EVERYWHERE where the air is, even inside the Phantom. While I will not try it, I assume the Phantom will be moist inside and out after placing in a freezing invironment, bag or no bag.There will be a higher level or corrosion due to the "applied" moisture. Perhaps someone is trying some form of vacuum packing to get most of the air out before cooling it down?
There must be a better way!
the better way is Air Conditioning, in the house or in your car. The AC air is dry.

After going back to 1.1.9 it didn't seem to give any improvement so I re-loaded 1.3.20......bad mistake!....Completely different from when I loaded it this morning, and a few heart stopping moments as my P3 decided to do some hedge clipping in our garden!
Am now going back to 1.1.9.
Why 1.3.20 behaved differently at the second time of loading I have no idea.

After going back to 1.1.9 it didn't seem to give any improvement so I re-loaded 1.3.20......bad mistake!....Completely different from when I loaded it this morning, and a few heart stopping moments as my P3 decided to do some hedge clipping in our garden!
Am now going back to 1.1.9.
Why 1.3.20 behaved differently at the second time of loading I have no idea.
It's common practice to recalibrate everything after a firmware update. Guessing you didn't?

Reactions: Miguel Silva
It's common practice to recalibrate everything after a firmware update. Guessing you didn't?
Yes I did......first of all did IMU check which said calibration not necessary, then did calibration anyway which gave the same figs.

well that's just bizarre then. seems like you're the 1 (and only, at the moment) guy with new FW issues.

Probably the same reason 1.2.x acts strange to some people.. the update wasnt competed properly. As was discovered but whoever it was that came up with the rollback option, firmware isnt check for proper transfer prior to completion. This further explained by some in the past talking about flashing multiple times and finally getting better results.

Im willing to bet that if you push between 1.19 and the new update you will get a good install after a few tries. Why this is happening is obviously unknown, but it could be tied to the poor quality sdcard slots on some models.

Yes I did......first of all did IMU check which said calibration not necessary, then did calibration anyway which gave the same figs.

do IMU calibration with your phantom cool. if you dont cool it down after the upgrade, it is possible the calibration is not set wright.

try to cool your phantom down. read my post earlier to you.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1