Anyone ever used the csc mid-flight intentionally?

ever used csc mid-flight intentionally?

• Total voters
So it's a rare combination that should not be used in flight. However, it can happen.

Did anyone ever shut their motors off in the air and the successfully restarted the phantom and landed safely?

May be to cut power when the bird is tumbling down (e.g. one motor seized ) so the spinning prop will not kill someone and DJI and the owner get sued.
In my case to test my parachute system.

I'd love to see that video of the guy doing it from 6000 feet.
It would be interesting whether the bird would eventually be falling too fast and have too much inertia, for the bird's thrust and lift capacity to be able to correct it when turned back on.

He was a tosser who didn't realise that what goes up cones down a lot slower in the Phantom world. He was going to run out of battery so cut the motors and fell. Terminal speed was less than you'd expect .. from memory 28-35 mph and it was varying as the Phantom tumbled.
He restarted and recovered but still ran out of batteries and crashed.

Unsure why he made the video private. It was still there about two weeks ago and must have been up for 6 months.

You asked about in flight.. You didn't ask in an emergency?

I have used them for emergency situation, tip over for examples...You need a way to kill motors. If they put it on a button, people would be accidentally hitting the button in flight. People just need to read and UNDERSTAND the manual.
I, too, have successfully used CSC in an emergency, when upon launch, due to a bad compass reading, the P3P immediately took off over the roof, out of sight, in a wild left hook, and crashed obliquely into the sidewall of the roofdeck, landing upside down on the roof, with the props still spinning and shredding, ready to cartwheel off the roof to the lower deck 20 feet below. No time to wait 3 seconds to stop it with the left stick alone, so I hit the CSC and prevented the cartwheeling over the roof to the ground. Stopped immediately (maybe 1 second delay). P3P camera and gimbal saved from certain destruction. 4 new props, a new IMU calibration, and compass recalibration, and all was well with the world! CSC saved my P3P!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20