Anyone else thinking about staying at 1.3.2 forever?

I'm at 1.3.2 because it works. The original 1.4.01 didn't. So I downgraded and started testing. I haven't tried to update again because I got it for video footage and it's flawless right now. But I did eventually find that the problem was a sd card that came with it as an extra from Drones Etc. I was having the no video signal issue with the 1.4.01 but it was caused by the extra sd card not installing the 1.4.01 update correctly. I will update if needed in the future but I use an old Note 3 for the screen and I'm happy with it.

The problem with that train of thought is that you have no idea if its working properly unless YOU are the one that created it. You know you cant tell me that it isnt broke. Because every update comes with at least SOME fixes!
Well let's see, it flys perfect, takes perfect video and pictures, hasn't flown away or crashed, video feed is perfect, hovers steady as a rock and always does what I tell it to do, so you are right, I don't know if it's working properly or broken.

Reactions: MrTommy
Well let's see, it flys perfect, takes perfect video and pictures, hasn't flown away or crashed, video feed is perfect, hovers steady as a rock and always does what I tell it to do, so you are right, I don't know if it's working properly or broken.

A new one off the shelf isn't cracked. Does that mean it never will? Your argument has absolutely no value! Just because you haven't triggered the potential bug that could bring your bird down due to a FW bug doesn't mean the bug doesn't exist. It simply means you haven't triggered it YET. Then we move forward 6 weeks and your P3 comes crashing down.. its totaled! Who do you blame?? Your **** right!! DJI! Because they made a faulty product (that they patched but you refused to acknowledge). You can obviously do what you want, for whatever twisted reasons. But be **** sure to expect me laughing when the time comes!!

A new one off the shelf isn't cracked. Does that mean it never will? Your argument has absolutely no value! Just because you haven't triggered the potential bug that could bring your bird down due to a FW bug doesn't mean the bug doesn't exist. It simply means you haven't triggered it YET. Then we move forward 6 weeks and your P3 comes crashing down.. its totaled! Who do you blame?? Your **** right!! DJI! Because they made a faulty product (that they patched but you refused to acknowledge). You can obviously do what you want, for whatever twisted reasons. But be **** sure to expect me laughing when the time comes!!
Laugh all you want. You can play Russian roulette with your $1300.00 if you like. If dji' thought that you had to update to the latest and greatest they would not give you the option to revert back to the previous firmware. The last firmware I did (1.2.6) messed my phantom up and 1.3.20 fixed it so why would I risk it again if everything is working fine after 100 plus flights?

'Mdunno... You tell me after flight 106 ends in a crash. Seems the Russian roulette works both ways. But I know DJI backs me because I do update. We will ignore the fact that I beta tested the FW for weeks already. the point is that FW is released for a reason. Like it of not.. its REALLY simple! If you do have a damaging crash, the FIRST thing that is looked at is if you are running updated FW and App, or 3rd party app. If you are behind, and the crash can be attributed to a bug that was fixed in an update, YOU will pay the bill. If you are updated then then investigating moves forward. This update fixed a video feet cut-out issue. Do you KNOW that you wont have that issue 3 flights from now? It also solves a drifting issue. How can you tell me that your P3 isn't going to mysteriously start drifting while at a hover in to a tree? What you are doing is like driving without auto insurance! Pretending to think you can predict that an accident cant happen.

One other thing for you to think about, very few if any crashes on 1.3.20 and earlier firmware but quite a few crashes and erratic behavior on the newer firmware. That is enough for me to stay where I am at for now. Also, I am not laughing at all of these folks who are having issues with the new firmware, so if it makes you feel special to laugh at people when something does go wrong, it speaks volumes about your character and your value to this forum.

One other thing for you to think about, very few if any crashes on 1.3.20 and earlier firmware but quite a few crashes and erratic behavior on the newer firmware. That is enough for me to stay where I am at for now. Also, I am not laughing at all of these folks who are having issues with the new firmware, so if it makes you feel special to laugh at people when something does go wrong, it speaks volumes about your character and your value to this forum.
Where in the world could you come up with such a false statement? First.. you do realize that from the time 1.3.20 was released till now that the number of P3s in the public's hands has TRIPLED?!?! And that there hasn't been one firmware related crash talked about HERE since prior to 1.3.20?!? My laughing at you for blatantly ignoring common sense is obviously NOT what I do to all the people that I help resolve their crash issues from pilot error. You've obviously chosen to not see the dozens of hours I invest in helping people here get their crashes sorted out.

Reactions: Reed L
Why you are guys so crazy about not updating? More than 150h of flight and no problems at all. Always with the newest available firmware. No signal loses, no drifting, flyaways, crashes etc. Bird is steady as a rock and reliable. How many times did I calibrated compass during these 150h of flight? 4-5 times maybe? Some people are too caucios and that is what is making problem with phantoms.

Reactions: III% Streve
Where in the world could you come up with such a false statement? First.. you do realize that from the time 1.3.20 was released till now that the number of P3s in the public's hands has TRIPLED?!?! And that there hasn't been one firmware related crash talked about HERE since prior to 1.3.20?!? My laughing at you for blatantly ignoring common sense is obviously NOT what I do to all the people that I help resolve their crash issues from pilot error. You've obviously chosen to not see the dozens of hours I invest in helping people here get their crashes sorted out.
Here is a little info directly from dji support that blows your theory out of the water. I e-mailed dji support on this very subject and there response was-if you are not experiencing any issues or do not need or want the upgrades, it is absolutely OK to stay at my current firmware. I think I will go with their recommendation until we see how the new firmware pans out. So I think you trying to scare people into thinking they are going to crash there phantom by not upgrading is very irresponsible on your part. The op was asking a simple question and you give him false information based on your opinion.

I am at 1.1.9. It's rock solid, but I really really want to try all the 3rd party apps. So I guess, I'll have to upgrade to 1.4 at some point. Only solution would be to have 2 birds, but that's a bit exaggerated ;-)

I am at 1.1.9. It's rock solid
But with 1.1.9 you still have the curved horizon that was fixed later in 1.2.6.
When you get feedback from other users and can tell that there's no problem with new firmware, it's not very smart to put up with issues that have been fixed, just for the sake of sticking with something that's "rock solid".
FYI .. 1.1.9 was rock solid ... just like all the firmware versions that followed it.

But with 1.1.9 you still have the curved horizon that was fixed later in 1.2.6.
When you get feedback from other users and can tell that there's no problem with new firmware, it's not very smart to put up with issues that have been fixed, just for the sake of sticking with something that's "rock solid".
FYI .. 1.1.9 was rock solid ... just like all the firmware versions that followed it.
Yes I have a curved horizon. Thought it was by design. Will definitely upgrade then. Some report drift with 1.3/1.4, that's why I was holding off.

Will definitely upgrade then. Some report drift with 1.3/1.4, that's why I was holding off.
There's always some reporting this and some reporting that.
The thing is, that almost everyone is reporting no problems.
That a small number have issues doesn't mean there is a problem with firmware.

Rather than formulating opinions based on uninformed heresay or forum chatter and spouting absolute nonsense, you guys would be a lot better off if you just checked the FACTS.
You have no idea of geofencing, no idea what you are talking about.

Go and check this post and watch the video to find out what the real situation is.
Before sending an attack my way ... I was referring to unskilled pilots crashing.

What is it about Geo Fencing that you are concerned about?
I live just outside the 15 mile Washington on DC no fly zone. Airmap uses tfr and if there is a permanent tfr that extends over 30 miles around DC.in other word once geofencing goes live im afraid the radius around DC will more than double and I'm screwed

No.. I gave real information
I live just outside the 15 mile Washington on DC no fly zone. Airmap uses tfr and if there is a permanent tfr that extends over 30 miles around DC.in other word once geofencing goes live im afraid the radius around DC will more than double and I'm screwed

So once Geo starts, your saying that you will longer be able to fly... in a place that its already illegal to fly? May wanna think about that for a second! Or even two!

Well according to current dji no fly zone it is legal.. I didn't realize until after I bought three p3 that the no fly zone might extend beyond the 15 mile otherwise I wouldn't have purchased them ...oh well time to pick another hobby

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic