Anyone else having this issue?

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I got a DJI Phantom 2+ about a week ago. The very first flight, everything worked perfect following the Quick Start Guide as did the next two or three. But, recently I opened the DJI app to get the "phantom connection failed" error. I read where re-binding would possibly fix it so I gave it a try. And success, it did work. However, the very next flight it went bad again. :( Now, I can't even re-bind it. I go through the process as they tell me in the manual, I'm able to reset it, connect for long enough to go in and scan the QR code, click the tick. For example, once the QR code is scanned and saved, the repeater restarts so I go back under the WiFi connections and there pops up the Phantom Wifi connection, but when clicked on- it tells me that I'm unable to join. It also seems to be losing the MAC and SSID address. Does anyone have helpful suggestions or a solution. This is really bugging me because I can't do any aerial photography. The most important thing of the whole thing!

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

I haven't had that issue personally but have had the same Phantom as you for just about a month.
Have you tried resetting network connections on your iPhone or whatever you're using.?
I have never done binding, it all worked out of the box. I am sure you will get help here on the forum.

David DJI H said:
Hi.

I haven't had that issue personally but have had the same Phantom as you for just about a month.
Have you tried resetting network connections on your iPhone or whatever you're using.?
I have never done binding, it all worked out of the box. I am sure you will get help here on the forum.

Hey, thanks for the response. And yeah, I actually did try that.
I have the iPhone 4s, and have also used an iPad mini, but thinking I will give the iPhone 5 a try tomorrow.
It's so weird because it keeps losing the binding information when it restarts itself.

taylorc said:
David DJI H said:
Hi.

Hey, thanks for the response. And yeah, I actually did try that.
I have the iPhone 4s, and have also used an iPad mini, but thinking I will give the iPhone 5 a try tomorrow.
It's so weird because it keeps losing the binding information when it restarts itself.

The first time your flew, did you have the iPhone and Ipad Mini with you? Were they both connected to the Phantom wifi?
I say the phone and ipad is fighting for the connection.
Turn the Mini Ipad off.
The Mini could be connecting instead of the IPhone.

You probably know this, but just in case.

Attachments

• binding1.JPG
    binding1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 723
  • binding.JPG
    binding.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 720
Always make sure the Phone/Pad is connected to the Phantom Wifi.
On my iPad Mini, it might take some time, as the 3G / 4G network is still there.

Some recommends to use airplane mode + enable wifi to make a faster connect.

Hey guys thanks all for trying to help.

I definitely have tried all of them, but none work.

I've even narrowed it down to where I'm the only WiFi connection that's possible to connect to. It's so freaking crazy!

Hi tayloc, wanted to see if you happened to come across a fix for this as i am having the same exact problem with my drone.
Thanks!
~A

Get an android and install the WIFI analyser.
Turn on phantom and scan.
Then turn on the Ranger Extender and scan.
See if both are appearing. Check the mac address details.
Go from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20