Anyone else having problems with an android device with there phantom 4

Reaction score
So I bought my phantom 4 in July I flew with both a galaxy s-4 phone, and a google nexus 7 tablet for three months. Then they came out with a firmware update to include the mavic on the go app. And then neither of my android devices worked properly. Now I have tried several new tablets, the galaxy tab a and s-2 both with no luck.
So I flew my drone with the guys phones at work and the only one that worked properly was an I-phone. So I purchased this iPad mini 4 and bing it works. I am new to drones and this forum. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Should I have tried the litchi app before spending the money on a new tablet? I feel kind of stupid now?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I use 360 Security on my Android (Nvidia Sheild K1) and that solved the problem I had. So you might try that.

Did you try deleting DATA and CACHE, reboot?

So I bought my phantom 4 in July I flew with both a galaxy s-4 phone, and a google nexus 7 tablet for three months. Then they came out with a firmware update to include the mavic on the go app. And then neither of my android devices worked properly. Now I have tried several new tablets, the galaxy tab a and s-2 both with no luck. So I flew my drone with the guys phones at work and the only one that worked properly was an I-phone. So I purchased this iPad mini 4 and bing it works. I am new to drones and this forum. Is this normal?
The problem is with the Android Marshmallow 6 OS update. Since that, I've had to start the RC first. Next start the Phantom. Finally, connect the cable from the Android tablet to the RC and only then start the tablet. DJI GO should work after following this sequence.
Marty

Thank you all for you help. DJI support said I didn't have compatible device.
If I hadn't sold the Android S-2 table I would try what Marty suggested.
Bummer because I really liked the Galaxy S-2 more than this Apple Tablet.
Not having a SD card slot is a real downer in my book. They both have the same specs.
Marty this is a video I made with my Galaxy Tablet showing the video I was receiving.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4