anyone else have this issue?

Reaction score
i own a P2V, and while its sitting on my table with the engines running in idle, when i pull the left stick all the way down, and hold it there for 5 seconds, the engines shut down. i am not touching the right stick at all its in the center position.

first of all does this happen to all phantoms?

and second, does this mean in full decent, my engines will shut off?

Not an issue.
It's an alternative way to shut off your bird.
It senses that it's not descending and shuts off after 5 seconds.
Handy if you would rather "catch" your Phantom mid-air rather than land it on the ground.

Actually thats the best way you don't hit the ground hard and that's the way I always land with left stick all the way down.

cjaviert said:
Actually thats the best way you don't hit the ground hard and that's the way I always land with left stick all the way down.
X2
The first time trying I was a bit nervous but now I'd be far more nervous trying to land it with all the drifting the Phantom does.

Farside said:
cjaviert said:
X2
The first time trying I was a bit nervous but now I'd be far more nervous trying to land it with all the drifting the Phantom does.

phantom drift is associated with bad compass calibration.....it shouldnt drift in gps mode.

Sketch6995 said:
Farside said:
cjaviert said:
X2

phantom drift is associated with bad compass calibration.....it shouldnt drift in gps mode.

But, the optimum margin of error is 2.5 meters accuracy, so it could drift within an eight foot box and still be as good as it is expected to get.

Another thing you can do when hand landing is to tilt the Phantom sideways 90 degrees. After you get 70 degrees incline, the NAZA will stop the motors with no wait.

IF you are in the air and pulling down on the stick it will not shut the motors off as long as its senceing it is still dropping in altitude. and it will know it hasnt touched the ground yet Then ones it does and you keep the stick down it knows when its not coming down any more that it must of landed and shuts off.

The drifting should not be a big problem when landing inless you are trying to squeeze it in to a small landing area and tho the maron of error on the horizontal can be a few feet if the compass is calibrated right. The manual says 2.5 meters But the vertical drift margin tho should be much less like .8 meters at most. So just when landing make sure that when you are about a meter or less to bring it down in small increments and real slow till you touch down. I've been able to get it down were I get it down to a few inchs from the ground and then let it hover for a second or to then bring it down the last 3-5 inchs and cut the motors as some as the landing gear hits and make perfect landings with out tipping and hitting the rotors on the ground.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31