Anyone else had course lock mode just plain NOT work?

To: all in reference to previous comments by me on this topic

I'm using version 1.26 of the guide, Pages 18 and 19 both discuss CL. I think the manual is a bit ambiguous. On the page 19 of this manual where it speaks of automatically setting the recorded position of CL "30 sec after you power on the autopilot system". There is no mention of S2 setting the "recorded position" that I can find; but I assumed that S2 would have to be in the CL position as you take off. It would appear to me that I aim the nose at some arbitrary position (e.g., West) and I fly the plane towards West, then after 30 sec the recorded position would be to the West assuming no drift or other changes. If that were the case then CL would be operating on a vector equal to the HL vector.

I've never flown on CL, so I have no experience here. Where in your manual does it say that switching S2 to CL sets the "recorded position". Then maybe I might find it in version 1.26. Page 18 of this manual refers to choosing a 3-position switch, but it does infer that it records the "orientation" of CL and HL. Does "orientation" equal "recorded position"?

I now have watched Colin while at DJI demonstrate the differences in the IOC modes. He clearly states that the referenced position (my words) that CL uses is set when you switch in CL. It would seem the documentation could make it clear. I believe that the top rightmost diagram on pg 18 (NAZA start guide v1.26) is misleading. I think they should have used two such boxes, one depicting the plane when S2 is switched to CL, and a second depicting some future position in flight when the plane has possibly drifted. IMHO

thank you.
Tim

OK,

I see your issue.

It was assumed by me (at least) that you knew that the IOC switch is in fact S2.

Now reread the page and see if you get it. ;)

Course lock can be a bit of a brain twister. I think you need to clear your mind of all what you think IOC is and does and do another thorough read of the subject in the manual with a "clean mind".

I had HL not work. Everything else worked.. CL,RTH, GS missions.. anyways I did an advanced IMU cali and after that HL worked.. not sure how/why but maybe give that a try.

On train so cant read thread to see if you tried alrdy sorry :/

justin00 said:
I had HL not work. Everything else worked.. CL,RTH, GS missions.. anyways I did an advanced IMU cali and after that HL worked.. not sure how/why but maybe give that a try.

but you had your Phantom further out than 10 meters ( 30 feet ) from homepoint when you first tried your HL?

Yes, eventually after I figured that part out. But yeah was testing properly and had correct understanding (eventually as I said heh)

Panamon Creel said:
justin00 said:

but you had your Phantom further out than 10 meters ( 30 feet ) from homepoint when you first tried your HL?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1