anyone else get the calibrate ball

This only started after the latest app update on iOS for me. It shouldn't require it so often so perhaps its a bug, hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

I got once on iphone 6+ but never on the ipad air ... Curious enough, I got it at DJI app closing, not starting. I think that it depends by the map status, but I didn't dig into this.

Ipad mini 4. Get it all the time even if I'm my Phantom is off. Very irritating.

iPad mini 3, I've gotten the circle calibration only twice when I first got my P3P over a year ago. IMOP if u have to keep doing it, u didn't do it right. U have to take your time when doing calibration, and make sure u go slow and get all of the inside lines and outside lines to light up, should not have to do it again..

It gives me about 10 seconds and that's it. No way to finish.

Reactions: Quest-So
Turning it off as #Pumpfixer suggests in post #8 will give inaccurate & false positioning for the Radar Icon shown in the GoApp in the lower left corner of the app. If you're comfortable with this? No problem.

Turning it off as #Pumpfixer suggests in post #8 will give inaccurate & false positioning for the Radar Icon shown in the GoApp in the lower left corner of the app. If you're comfortable with this? No problem.

No thanks. I, and I'm sure many others, would very much like a solution to this problem without creating another.

Reactions: PDubz14
I have also gotten the calibration Circle.. Only about three or four times out of 15 or 20 flights on a iPad Mini 4.. All of this just happened with recent iOS update

Same here, it comes right after the Go app has being started.
It's a bit annoying because it didn't appeared say 6 months ago, so why the compass needs this often calibration, but it didn't needed half a year ago ? I think it's related to the go app since I don't recall it shows up while initializing other specific apps as google maps or google earth that work with the compass.

Last edited:
Mine does that if I put it down on the bonnet of the car or near any large metal items or magnets. (mini 4 latest IOS update)
It appears to be tied in with the built in compass in the iPad mini and in my case only happens when the compass readings get confused if I move it away from the metal/magnet it goes away instantly.
I did try calibrating it a few times to see if it stopped the pop up but it made no difference. The compass on the mini works fine and the map orientation rotates perfectly on the display as I rotate and matches the view I see spot on.

I wear a very strong magnetic bracelet for my arthritis and can replicate the problem just by putting my left wrist on the back of the iPad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic