Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anyone dropped the height of the camera?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Mal_PV2_Ireland, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Mal_PV2_Ireland

I have my p2v+ about 2 weeks now and am thinking about dropping the camera half an inch or so to try eliminate the landing gear and the props out of the video. Anyone done anything similar?
    A set of longer retractable skids would be a huge help I suppose.

2. Phantom24U

Yes, I've dropped my Zenmuse/camera down a full inch on my Phantom 2 and it's fantastic. All works fluidly. Lowering your camera to lessen the view of the props at camera horizontal viewing works great. Yes, I did have to purchase longer landing gear and now I have the RETRAX landing gear. Go for it. Just drop it straight down and merely use longer screws and spacers. I used the plastic and metal electrical wiring connectors that you would normally crimp, from radio shack or home depot. Cut the plastic off each end and they work perfectly. Just buy the ones that fit snugly around the screws.

3. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Sweet, I'll have to check out the RETRAX skids. I thought it looked simple enough and was hoping someone had done it. Cheers mate!

4. Phantom24U

I just added this for you: - Just drop it straight down and merely use longer screws and spacers. I used the plastic and metal electrical wiring connectors that you would normally crimp, from radio shack (home depot has them also). Cut the plastic off each end and they work perfectly.Just buy the ones that fit snugly around the screws. Look on eBay (new OR completed auctions) for the RETRAX.

5. Fplvert

6. Mori55

Where the hell have you been ! Glad to see you again. Been pretty boring without you.

7. happydays

Mal. just set the FOV to narrow. Problem solved! And less fisheye too. ;-)